.chapter three.

Mikey's POV

"You ready buddy?" My mum signed at me and I nodded, "Yeah" I signed back. "Let's go" My dad signed as he spoke. Thats a thing they've started doing. They'd talk what they sign and I dont know if its something I should be thinking about, but I find my self wondering about it.

Me and the rest of the gang packed into the car. We knew it was gonna be a quick car drive to the restaurant but we still brought some things we could use to distract us.

I looked around the car and saw everyone was singing. I felt left out, I just wanted to be able to sing with them, rock out. I couldn't sing along, but I can feel vibrations. So I start to bop my head up and down. Maybe I can't hear what they're singing but I sure can dance along!

When we arrived at the restaurant Frank and Gerard both stayed behind in the car. I was confused but just pretened I didn't care. I walked in with my mum and dad, we sat down at our reserved table. It was a bit awkward to start with, I myself dont know why it was awkward it just felt it. "Where is Gerard and Frank?" I questioned my parents. They looked around and signed "I dont know. I'll go check the car" My dad got up and walked back out to the car.

"Mikey, we need to talk" I nodded, a sign for her to carry on "Okay, school. I know you're struggling with the bullying. Me and your father want to move you to a special school that'll help you. And before you freak out. We know about Ryan we have called the police to investigate the suituation. Hopefully Ryan'll be coming to stay with us and he'll move with you" She slowly signed so that I caught all of it. I nodded. "Okay. So as soon as Ryan is safe I'm moving school?" I asked to get things straight. "You'll both move to the same school!"

Oh, well I can deal with that. I mean as long as Ryan is safe than thats okay with me. A new school. A new special school. A school full of pupils just like me. I can deal. But Ryan isn't disabled, will he still be let in? Hopefully. I wouldn't be able to survive school without Ryan. Maybe if Ryan joins this specical school he'll get more confident and start to speak again. Hopefully.

It was about five minutes after the conversation I had with mum that Gerard, Frank and my dad finally decided to enter the building. My brother sat next to me and bumped my shoulder. Frank sat next to Gerard and my dad sat next to mum. The table shared a few words, but I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked up and around and saw a boy around my age looking at me. As soon as he noticed I was looking at me he looked away. I frowned and looked back at my menu.

Gerard tapped my shoulder and I looked up. "Have you decided, honey?" My dad signed.  I nodded and pointed to what I wanted. Soon enough the waiter came over and took the orders. I looked back over at the boy and saw he was looking at me. Instead of him turning his face he kept looking at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. After a few seconds of smiling he waved, being the polite person I am, I waved back. I watched his face carefully, suddenly his mouth started moving like he was talking. Oh god, oh no. I can't lip read. I have no clue what he said.

I shrugged at him and pointed to my ears. He turned away and I frowned again. He seemed like a nice guy. Maybe he had a disablity like me. Wouldn't that be cool. Maybe he could have been a new friend. He is cute as well. I kept looking over at him from the corner of my eye. After a while I saw him look towards me again. I turned my head a little and he was smiling. He picked up a napkin that was on his table. I couldn't really see what it said, so I turned to Gerard and tapped him. Once I caught his attention I pointed towards the boy and signed. "What does it say" After a few minutes of Gerard assessing the napkin he signed back "Can I come over for a second"

At first I was confused. Why would this stranger wanna come over to my table. I nodded at him. He started to make his way over to our table. I didn't recognize him, does he even know me? Oh god his mouth is moving again. Hes looking right at me and saying something. This is really awkward for me, for him, he thinks I'm listening. I look towards my mum and dad but they're busy talking to the waiter. I look towards Gerard and he looks so confused as to why this boy was trying to talk to me. "Help" I signed towards him. I had no clue what he said to the boy but hopefully he explained that I was deaf.

Gerard signed to me what the boy had said. "Hi I'm Pete, and I saw you over here and though 'He looks like a sweet little dude I wanna be his friend'" I smiled so hard. Someone wanted to be my friend. Someone was thinking about me like that. The boy, who was now named Pete, passed me a piece of paper. The same paper with the first words on it. At the bottom were a few numbers. "His phone number" Gerard signed. I looked up and he was gone. I gave a small smile at where he was at looked back at the napkin. I'll give him a text.

Mum and Gerard shared a few words whilst I watched the kitchen for my food. I just couldn't wait to eat than leave. To be honest I dont even know why we decided to eat out today. Like its nothing important. No ones birthday, no ones anniversary. Maybe they made a big fuss about telling me about the moving off schools. Though they haven't mentioned since. Maybe there'll be another suprise later. Probably not.

I took my phone out and typed in Pete's number. I saved him as 'Strange Kid From Restaurant' I quickly typed a hello before my parents caught me. Tonight was meant to be a phone free night. Family time.

I looked to my left and saw Gerard and Frank were holding hands under the table. I mentally awed at the sight. They are honestly adorable, I'm so glad they ended up together. They are perfect for each other. I can't wait to find the one, someone who'll love me for me, without hearing. Maybe in the future I'll have my hearing. When I do get my hearing I either wanna hear Ryan speak or I wanna hear my future partner say they love me. I'll die happily with or without my hearing so I dont care. I'll be extremely greatful if I do get the chance!

Finally our food arrives. I signed thank you to the waiter and he smiled at me and signed back "It's okay" I love when that happens. I think people should know the basic sign language. It makes me feel important when someone else knows sign language, I don't feel alone.

I taste the food on my plate, and oh god. It was perfect. I had gotten a simple burger and chips. Nothing to big but oh my it tasted amazing! Gerard and Frank were sharing their food like the adorable couple they were and my parents were enjoying a nice stake and chips. I looked over at Pete, he was smiling down at his phone. hes probably talking to a girlfriend. Or maybe a group chat full of friends.

Whilst no one was watching  me I pulled out my phone and checked to see if Pete replied. And there on my screen was "I never caught your name :))" I smirked. I quickly opened the messaging app and typed out a reply. "Way, Mikey Way" I looked back at him and a few seconds later he smirked. He got it. I saw him start to type. "Why hello Way, Mikey Way I'm Dad" I snorted at the bad dad joke, "Daddie" I smirked as I sent it.

I placed my phone back in my pocket and carried on eating. The only time I looked up was to see someone fall over a chair in the middle of the restaurant which sent most of the people in the place to laugh and a few workers helped pick her up. I silently judged everyone who laughed.

The night ended up good. Me and Pete kept sharing secret looks. I'd secretly text him under the table. We also talked about me moving to a new school and how I felt. Pete seemed like an amazing kid, I wanna get to know him more. Maybe he could introduce me to his friends and we could make like a friendship group with Ryan of course.

I just hope the police realise that Ryan isn't safe soon.

====
You don't understand how hard this chapter was to write like oml.

I keep getting distacted by music. And that I'm meeting my best friend next weekend.  LIKE OMG. We are going to the british hot topic and forbidden planet. I'm definatly buying Umbrella Academy and no one can stop me. I'm so excited!!

Anyway I hope you are enjoying this book so far. I know I am. I get so excited when I know I'm about to write! My phone is blowing up right now because I've been away from social media for 10 minutes everyone is worry lol.

Talk to you next time

1700 Words (Give or Take A Few)

Dont forget to vote, comment and follow me so I know people actually like this book!

Social Medias:

Instagram - @ Gottaryanross @ gottadrinkbleach

Old Wattpad - megaphone1

Twitter - @ Gottaryanross

-Nage

====