Poisoned (OLD STORY)

America groaned, and sat up in bed. He glanced over at the clock beside his bed. 8:45. He yawned, stretching. He had plenty of time for a shower, some breakfast, a nice stroll, and then he could drive to the airport and he'd be at the meeting, which was at- wait, wait.... It was at 9!!!

  He quickly flew out of bed and dashed to the shower. He washed himself, dried off, and pulled on all his clothes. He grabbed his suitcase, papers, and laptop bag. He sprinted outside and to his car, screeching out of there driveway and to the airport.

  Once America had arrived at the airport and boarded the plane, it was already 9:00. He groaned. "Great! I'm going to be late to a meeting in my own country. That's just pathetic..." He huffed, shook his head, and leaned back in his seat.

  After flying for a while, he realized how hungry he was. He hadn't had time to grab breakfast, and he had a light dinner the night before, so he was practically starving. A flight attendant came around with a cart of food, and America got some water and peanuts (which were quickly inhaled). He was still a bit hungry, but he was also low on cash. The plane finally landed, and America got into a cab and sped off to his meeting, which he was over an hour late to.

  He raced down the hallways and busted into the meeting room, panting. "I'm here, I'm here!", he huffed, stumbling to his chair. England rolled his eyes. "Late to your own meeting, hm?" America glared at him. "I woke up late! And I was all the way in NYC! It takes over an hour to get from there to DC, you know!" Germany snorted. "Vell, ve started vithout you. Not like ve got much done, though," he added, shooting a glare at France and England. Italy laughed. "France and England almost killed each other!"

America snickered and sat down, pulling out his papers. Japan was sitting on one side of him, then somebody else on the other side... Who was it?... Oh, yeah! Canada dude! America turned towards his brother. "Psssst, hey dude!", he whispered. Canada looked towards him. "Oh, hi, America," he said in his soft voice. America smiled widely and turned his attention to Germany, who was blah-blah-blahing about money or something. As he sat there, he started to feel a bit... Weird. He shifted slightly in his seat, huffing. His stomach gurgled in a very unpleasant way, and he was starting to feel a bit shaky.

He shook his head. "Should've eaten some breakfast....", he thought, wrapping an arm around his aching stomach. His head was starting to hurt, but he blamed it on the rushed morning and Germany's boring voice. As time passed, he started to feel worse and worse. He felt like throwing up, and he was even beginning to pant a bit. He twitched slightly every now and then, and he was clutching his stomach desperately, trying to get the pain to stop. "Maybe I should've checked the date on those peanuts... Or maybe something I ate last night was bad..."

"Eh? America? Are you alright?", he heard a voice whisper to his right. America turned to look at Canada, who looked concerned. "Y-yeah, dude. I just-" America quickly stopped talking, fearing that he would throw up. Canada reached out a hand to put on America's forehead. "You don't feel warm.." "I told you, I'm fine," America croaked out, shaking visibly. Canada shook his head. "No you're not!" He then raised his voice (as much as he could). "Something's wrong with America." Germany paused. "Hold on.... Uh... You," he said, waving a hand in Canada's direction. "We'll discuss that later."

Canada sighed. "Seriously?...", he mumbled. Japan looked over at America. "I heard you, Canada-san." He let his gaze travel over the pained American. "Germany-san," Japan said loudly. Germany stopped talking. "Yes, Japan?" "There is something wrong with America-san."

That caught the attention of Germany and the other countries, who all turned to look at America. The younger nation was pale, and shuddering violently. He was beginning to see black around the edges of his vision, the pain in his stomach was so intense. America began breathing heavily, and was faintly aware of countries exclaiming loudly. As he squeezed his eyes shut, he felt somebody grab his shoulders and heave him into a standing position, and he leaned into them, panting. "Bloody Hell, America, are you alright?", he heard next to his ear. America moaned in response, and somebody began gently rubbing his back.

America grunted suddenly, turned his head away from who he assumed was England, and let out a choking cough. He blinked several times, and he was surprised to see that he was on a couch with somebody holding him, and France was holding a small trash can directly underneath his hanging head. "Il est bien, mon ami. Si vous avez besoin de vomir, c'est très bien," France said soothingly. America realized that he must be speaking in French out of worry, but at least he knew what he was saying. He had told him that it was okay, and that if he felt the need to be sick, that was okay.

America closed his eyes again, whimpering. "Shhh, it's ok, lad," England whispered. "I-is Mr. America sick?", he heard Italy ask in a quiet voice. Germany sighed. "I'd assume so." America coughed once again, and threw up into the trash can, moaning loudly. "Scheisse, should it be red?!", Germany exclaimed. "Damn," England mumbled, rubbing America's back again, not really knowing what to do. America let out a cry of pain, flinching as his insides twisted. Fast approaching footsteps were suddenly heard. "I called an ambulance, it is coming!", China gasped, sounding out of breath. Germany grunted. "An ambulance? He's been sick before."

"Shì, I know, but I have seen this before, and I believe that he is poisoned." "Yes, I believe so too," Japan added. England stroked America hair, trying to get him to calm down. "Yes, come to think of it, this does seem a bit like arsenic poisoning...", he said, voice shaking with fear. America weakly threw up once more, let out a sob, and everything went dark.

~later~

America opened his eyes with a groan, and sat up slightly. "Good God, boy. You scared me half to death!", England said from a chair beside the bed. America gazed around; he seemed to be in a hospital. Canada let out a sigh of relief. "You didn't move for a long time, and the doctors said you might die," he whispered. "If you weren't a country, you probably wouldn't have made it," England added.

"Ngh," America grumbled, still feeling like absolute crap. "Wha happened?..." England sighed. "Arsenic poisoning." America opened his eyes a bit wider. "Huh? Arsenic?..." England clicked his tongue and nodded. "Yes. They say you likely ingested it. Now, I know you like to eat, but that is a tad extreme, boy," England teased. America laughed slightly before growing serious. "Ingested it? But I only had water and peanuts today.." England frowned. "Wait, you didn't have breakfast?" "I was running late, dude."

England shrugged. "Hmph. True... Where did you drink and eat the water?" America looked up at him like he was stupid. "The plane. Duh," he said. England rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry that I'm not a mind reader, you git. Now, tell me what flight..."

~a couple days later~

America sighed deeply as he watched a man get dragged away. "Long live the Confederacy!", he shrieked. He then pointed at America. "You should've died! Trust me, next time, you will!" France put a hand on the nation's slumping shoulder. "Pay no mind to him, mon ami. He is just a crazy man." America giggled slightly. "Yeah, I guess so."

The American was almost fully recovered; but not from the embarrassment when he found at that he had shit his pants while he was passed out, not to mention the fact that he had thrown up all over a doctor and France. England chuckled beside him. "Well, how about we go on down to the meeting, shall we?" America smiled. "Sounds like a plan. Then McDonald's afterwards?" France snickered. "Well, zhat hasn't changed, oui?"

The three of them strolled out of the airport, laughing and joking with each other.

~The end~

(A/N Happy ending!!! Soon I'll have to do some with non-happy endings.... Hehhhhehhehehe... Don't forget to vote, comment, and leave suggestions!!)