Chapter fourtheen

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu's P.O.V.

I smile to myself as I carry Lucy, following the scent of the stripping snowflake so we can find camp. Feeling her lay her chin on my shoulder and relaxing makes me smile like an idiot knowing that she feels safe with me.

Lucy heartfilia what are you doing to me? Is the question going through my mind as I walked down the rocky trail.

Happy: "Natsu I'm hungry."

Natsu: "We're almost at the camp we can get food."

Happy: "Awweee but I'm hungry."

Suddenly Lucy makes a weird low laugh as if she were planning something devious and speaks up.

Lucy: "Mmm some smoked salmon with a side salad."

Happy: "Sssshhh Lucy I'm hungryyyy."

She must be trying to get Happy hungrier than before, that's cruel. I thought to myself and let out a small chuckle.

Lucy: "Oh, oh imagine some hot steamy ramen with rice balls."

Happy: "Ssssshhhh."

Mmmm ramen and rice balls... I thought quietly, thinking of how good it would be to have a bowl of ramen right now. I then get snapped out of my thoughts when I'm surprised by a growl coming from my stomach.

Natsu: "Luceeeee you even got me hungry."

Lucy: "Haha! My plan worked!"

Suddenly another growl is heard nearby but this time it doesn't belong to me, it was Lucy's tummy growling because of hunger.

Lucy: "Awe C'mon..."

Natsu: "Genius."

I whisper as I look over at her while walking and she pouts. I smirk to myself and continued carrying her to camp. A familiar scent creeps it's way to my nose causing me to look to my right as I stand still.

That scent...I remember it from somewhere...who is it? I thought as I continued looking in that direction in silence.

Lucy: "Natsu is something wrong?"

I hear Lucy whisper closely to my ear in concern and I shake my head. It's probably nothing. I thought to myself.

Natsu: "Nope."

Lucy: "Okay."

A smile plays on my lips when I feel Lucy nuzzle her way into the crook of my neck. I go back to walking down the rocky trail that will lead us to camp feeling happy that Lucy is with me.

- 15 minutes later -

Natsu: "We're back!"

I yelled as I jumped over a bush once I saw the campfire and everyone else.

Carla: "Shhh Wendy is sleeping."