{ T H I R T Y T H R E E }

Curiosity and tension is not a good combination. My father's carefree and talkative mood was long gone the moment Harry appeared in the kitchen this morning. Harry wore a more presentable kind of clothing than the usual ones he wears when he would wake up. Back in the dormitory, in the first few weeks of staying with him, he would always forget that he's not the only person in the dormitory anymore. I have to remind him of my presence before he even realizes it. Dark Ages, the times where Harry could barely see or notice me.

The funny thing is, I notice the not-so-subtle distasteful look that my father is throwing towards Harry. I was fighting the urge to call him off of it because it annoys me in some ways. Meanwhile, Harry sat on the stool beside me while looking down at his phone, typing away on it fleetingly.

I want to call the both of them off because it's very clear that there's some uncleared problem lingering in the air around us and they are both ignoring it like the tension isn't palpable enough. I looked at Harry out of the corner of my eye and I saw him playing games on his phone. My father who already stopped shooting flaming arrows at Harry placed the newly cooked pancakes in front of me — the previous ones were burned.

"Thanks." I murmured before stabbing the steaming plate of pancakes served on the table. "Harry eat up." I monotonously said, sounding like a mother of a five year old kid who's reprimanding her son who won't eat his breakfast.

I had a conclusion that maybe my father and Harry had a talk last night, which obviously didn't go well, because they wouldn't be acting this way if it didn't. I stayed silent throughout the whole course of the breakfast, leaving the place to be filled with the scraping noises of the utensils on the plates along with my father's continuous phone ringtone ringing. Because of this, I grew irritable and it worsen my curiosity. My annoyance level heightens at a very alarming state. Being left out of the problem I am currently in the middle of can make you go inquisitive.

"I'll go to the market to buy some groceries." My father said after the longest silence I've ever sat in."I didn't expect visitors so we'll be short on food." He made it sound like buying extra groceries for my visitor annoys him. Actually, I think my father is being unreasonable now. I expect him to at least show hospitality to Harry or less, avoid saying things like that around him.

"I'll go do it." I blurted out. "Harry will come with me. Right, Harry?" I turned my head sideways to face him. He looked uncollected for a second, I stared at him and sent him a signal to say yes with my eyes. Harry switched glances between my father and I, as if asking for a permission to reply, before he nodded his head in assent.

"Okay." He said breathlessly. I let out a forced smile towards Harry before returning my attention back to my food. The awkward silence continued.

After breakfast, when I had already taken a bath and changed my clothes into a presentable one, and when I had already gotten the money from my father, Harry and I left the house. Harry followed me as we walked towards his car, parked at the side of the road. I halted in front of the passenger seat door and waited for Harry to reach the driver's side before getting in.

"Where to?" Harry asked.

"We'll go to the Farmer's Market. Since it's still early, we'll be able to buy fresh ones." I replied. Harry nodded in agreement before changing the gears and accelerating the car. The car ride started with a comfortable silence between Harry and I but while listening to the car radio silently a song, that will always be in my list of favorite songs, started playing.