{ S I X T E E N }

"Good luck." Andrea giggled. She is more excited than I am while my nervousness is heightening. Its now 4:43 in the afternoon and Harry will be here earlier or later than five. "Are you sure you can wait for him alone?" Andrea asked.

"Yes. I'm fine. Thank you so much for helping me." I hugged her lightly to avoid messing with my hair and make up. After she left, I sat on the couch quietly and waited for Harry.

I told Andrea to do my make up lightly. Not too much powder and cream because it becomes sticky when I sweat -- I'm sure I'll sweat a lot tonight because of awkwardness -- and I hate too much mascara because it makes my eyelid heavy. The outfit is more like a dress than a gown and I'm glad it is. I hate corsets and fishnets from gowns, I can't sit properly and its itchy. It's a one- sided light gold dress with sequins and glitters on the top part while the waist to the end flows down freely. Plus, the dress reaches just above my knees.

4:55

I looked at my nails that also Andrea polished. She had a set of nail polish in almost every color. We picked which ones are our favorite and we put every kind of it in each of our fingernails until we decided its time to put the color that really matches my dress/gown.

5:04

Still, Harry hasn't come yet. I picked up my phone to look if he left a message saying he will be late or something but there's none. I want to send him a message asking where he is but I don't want to look or sound clingy. Harry and I are not even dating. We are not going to the ball as lovers, this is a friendly date. Friendly date. I remind myself.

5:16

Harry ditched you because you ditched him a lot of times. He is using you. He is playing with your feelings. He makes you feel something and leaves you hanging. Why did you even forgive him? Of course its all an act.

5:21

I chewed the side of my cheek and tapped my heel clad feet on the floor. God, I feel used. It hurts. I should have known from the beginning.

I waited and waited. I don't know what hurts the most. Someone leaving you hanging into thin air or believing people's words and realize you're so damn naïve.

5:40

F.uck you Harry.

"Hey," The door burst open revealing Harry wearing a perfectly ironed tuxedo. His hair is kinda messy and ruffled. His breathing is ragged like he ran a mile to get here. "I'm sorry. The traffic was horrible."

He explained and I nodded silently.

"Lets go?" He asked unsurely.

"Yeah, okay." I softly replied. I know I shouldn't even come with him.

I remind myself that traffic is not even under his control, its not his fault that he is late or maybe it is. And my conscience said "go" because of the fact that Andrea spent her day here just to help me get ready and I can't let Harry's simple tardiness ruin it all. He made an effort anyway to pick a dress, asked for a stylist and even ask me out in the first place.

He didn't do anything wrong right now. He's just late. He just made me feel down slightly a while ago but now he's here. He didn't ditch me. He's here.

Harry securely locked the door when we got out. I can feel his hands on my lower back as he guided me towards the elevator to his car. We didn't speak to each other inside the elevator. I have nothing to say to him and I'm afraid I'll say the wrong words to him.

"Are you nervous?" He asked while switching glances between me and the road. I haven't noticed that I've been fiddling with my hands and my legs won't stop swinging.