{ T W E N T Y E I G H T }

I was never the kind of girl who likes excessive shopping, but I do like looking presentable all the time and I guess there's always a conscious nature within every girl to look good. My father, who works in the bank as a Financial Manager, always assures me that I can spend the money that he deposits in my bank account every month, as my allowance, to be able to buy the things I need for studying and for myself. But still, if I can manage to not spend money on something that is inessential and it's just an unnecessary want, I'll always prevent myself from spending.

There are things that are far more important than new pair of shoes when you still have a wearable and usable one. Even if I'm the only daughter and my father has a stable and a well paying job, he raised me with the mentality that you can't always have what you want – especially when it comes to buying Barbie dolls when I was young. He told me that you have to work to get what you want. That I should learn to stand up for myself and be independent. Because in the real life, no matter how hurtful it may be, there will be a time where my father won't be there to support me anymore.

I think the biggest advantage of having a father who works in the bank is, growing up while being told to save, and being more wise when it comes to money spending.

In my current situation, I don't need a new outfit for a one night concert being held in the campus grounds later. I have something to wear that will be appropriate enough for a concert and I will not go underdressed. But, for Marlene, this kind of occasion calls for a new outfit.

"Marlene that cost too much!" I exasperatingly said. She's holding a three hundred dollar dress that is way too short and revealing. More reasons not to buy it.

"It's nice!" She defended but hang the too-expensive and revealing dress back in the rack of clothes. We have been searching for an outfit, which I think is still unnecessary, for an hour and a half already from store to store and still Marlene can't decide what she really wants. It's either, too short, too sparkly, too formal or she doesn't like the color when paired with her slightly tanned skin due to the daily practice she had had for Volleyball game under the blazing sun.

"I think the skirt that we saw a while ago will go well with this top." I plainly suggested. I just want to go back to the dormitory.

This morning, I woke up with a head-splitting headache. As I try to recall the past night's events I stayed still on the bed which I realized was Harry's bed, but he wasn't there. When I tried to look sideways, that caused me a lot of pain, I noticed a note that was obviously written hastily because of the sloppy handwriting, and the paper was only ripped from the side of a notebook. It was placed on top of his bedside table with a bottle of pain relievers and a glass of water.

Chastity,

If you're wondering why you're in my bed, you were drunk last night, for the second time. I had to carry you from the house into the car and into the dormitory, you aren't as lightweight as you think.

Drink the medicine and don't leave the dormitory without telling me.

Harry.

P.S. xx

A silly grin slowly creeps upon my face at the sight of Harry's rushed but still readable handwriting but the warning Harry wrote at the note also made me roll my eyes back into my head. Who would have thought Harry has a caring and decent bone in his body even though his antics annoy me?