Chapter 33: Endgame (Part 2)

Author's Note (Not a spoiler)

Hi guys. Well here we are. The final chapter. The end of the road. A means to an end. I know i usually put my notes at the end of the chapter(s) but save this once I wanted to put this first because I wanted all the readers to see this. I wanted to say thank you. Just thank you. For without you guys i would not have kept writing this story. Ive grown so attached to this book and it really saddens me now its at an end. But i am proud of how far its come and what i've been able to do with all your help. I hope you've all enjoyed the book, and if it ever offended anyone at some point Im very sorry it wasn't intentional. Especially with me taking so long to update. Life gets in the way sometimes and at times i feel like i dont want to write it anymore but enough of you guys hassle me enough to keep going lol.  Im so glad my first story ever was a nemi story. I do really ship them irl. I think Nick has been there for Demi, in a way that no other boyfriend of hers has. I love them both so much. 

This chapter is dedicated to ALL OF YOU. To the ones who wait patiently for every update, the ones who have been here since the start (i know who you are), to the ones who write me heartfelt comments that fill my heart with love, to the ones who badger me all the time about being slow to update, to the ones who read the entire story in one sitting at all hours of the morning, to the ones who show me their support by following me and voting but also to the ones who don't have an account on wattpad but come back anyways to read my story. I dedicate this all for you. 

Im just a writer. I love to write. So thank you all for allowing me to do this for you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demi's POV:

"You sure you don't wanna come with me to the wedding?" Selena probed again. Her eyes showing all the pity she had for me. 

"No thanks" I replied, forcing a tiny smile knowing full well she'd not go if she saw how uncomfortable and depressed i was. 

She stood there in our doorway contemplating me for awhile longer, in her green sparkly dress that fell all the way to the floor. Sel always looked good in green. She looked good in every color to be honest but green always brought out the sparkle in her dark Latina eyes and made her golden tan look amazing. 

"Okay, i love you" she finally said, giving me her own tiny smile and then turning to leave. 

She hadn't wanted to go to Nick and Emma's wedding but for publicity's sake, as was everything these days, she had to. She was probably going to drink half the bar out.

Nick's wedding. 

The thought hit me again, as it had over the last two weeks since we'd last spoken that night.

I'd not given him an ultimatum. I had given him his answer. And true to his word, he'd followed it. He'd never called again, and I had lost contact with the whole family. Not even Emma made a peep. 

I'd asked for it, and well it was done. 

For some reason though after that night i felt a huge wave of relief wash over me. 

It felt like the biggest weight had finally been lifted off my shoulders. 

The truth was in the end it could have been one of two choices. We were gonna end up together or not.

That choice had been made. Him deciding to keep to my words, cemented it all. 

What he didn't know though was that i spent the rest of that night and morning crying in bed.