The Cards On The Table

Chapter nine: The Cards On The Table

Cameron Bolt

"It means I did something wrong."

Those words bounced in my head, over and over and over again. I couldn't meet KC's gaze nor Nathan's. How could she do this to me- us? To her own brother, she made him suffer thinking I broke up with him and him with me! Why? WHY!?

I catch up very fast and bad for her I got a temper. And it's a very very terrible one... you know you've seen my other side. This will go down hil fast.

"You crazy bitch!" I said in pure anger. "Why would you do this?" I step forward, Nathan gets in the way and she steps back. "Step. A side. Now." I say, dryly to him. His eyes widen but he stood his ground. "I SAID MOVE IT!!" thuder rang out, he flinched and stepped back but still was one my way.

Damn his stubbornness!

"If you touch her I won't forgive you." She said in a shaky voice.

Whaaaaaa.... I'm not going to do anything just gonna talk to her like a decent- who the fuck am I kidding I'm gonna kill her.

"Nathan...." KC said and he looked back at her.

"Don't you go thinking I'm forgiving you, you are dead to me." he said dryer that a joke coming from a towel. I looked at her and she had tears on her eyes. "I remember you told me you liked him. Remember that? The day he saved us."

"I- I do."

Wait... she has something for me? Oh, man I did not see that coming. To bad I like guys or I might of f*cked her senseless.
Chuckles. What a dirty mind.

"It wasn't me who actually did it.... I pulled some strings here and there to actually do this." She said. I looked at Jayden whom was just watching us argue. "I didn't though you guys loved, loved each other that much. I did want to ruin anything between you two, but... I was left with no choice. I did this and..." she shook her head like she did want to say it.

"What did you do?" I know I'm not supposed to hit a girl but she is tempting me. She just covered her mouth and backed up a little.

"N-nathan we should go.... now!" She said fear clear in her voice. I know murder is a crime but if I leave no witnesses then I'm free, right?

"No." Nathan said with no emotion what so ever. He sure is mad at her to talk to her this way. She shook her head like she was denying something. She mouthed the words sorry and took off. "Wait, where are you going? We are not done!" He chased her into the woods.

"I know this is stupid to ask, but are you okay?" Jayden asks, placing a hand on my shoulder. I took in a big breath and release it.  The clouds above us disappeared making the sun shine down on us.

"Yeah, I'm... cool." I answered. "Come on let's-" the sound of choppers at the distance caught our attention. The sound got louder as the choppers got closer. "Shit!" I said and run to the woods with Jayden. We seeked refuge behind a tree and the choppers decended where we were a second ago. Looks.

"Spread out! They must be nearby!" A man dressed in a black kind of looking swat uniform yelled over the sound of the chopper. The comrades got out and did as he said, one of them was heading toward us and I hide behind the tree.

"We got to move!" Jayden yelled-whispered at me. I glanced back at the man heading this way and I looked back at Jayden.

"Stay quiet and move." I whispered. We both walked fast trying to make the least of sound.