tweLve

I gave Jimin the easier job of sweeping while I took care of the mountain of dishes.
Eomma and appa were in the office with the talent scout from earlier.
Every now and then, I'd feel someone looking at me and I'd lift my head to find Jimin staring at me.
I guess he was curious as to why I told Hobi to take Tae home. Eomma never said we had to stay and clean up.
"Kookie-"
"I felt like it," I answered, "And I didn't want you going home with him while you're buzzed."
Jimin blushed, "I wouldn't do that. You know I wouldn't."
"No," I shook my head, "I don't know that."
He gave me this look, as if I'd betrayed him or done something equally as mean.
"Hyung, you're growing up," I talked to him like a kid and went back to washing dishes, "and Hobi has zero self control so a drunk you and horny him just isn't a good combination in my mind."
"Hey!," he started to pout, "Where'd you learn to be so perverted?"
Of course, this was a rhetorical question, but I still answered, "Tae and Appa."
Jimin sighed and started sweeping again, settling a silence between us.
I didn't mind it, but I still liked talking to him better than not.
The office door opened and the talent scout came out of the room with Eomma and Appa following.
The three of them were all smiles and laughter and Eomma had a stack of papers in his hand.
I smiled to myself, since I liked to see my parents happy, then turned back to the sink in front of me.
As I watched my hands submerge into the water, I noticed that something was different.
"Crap!," I pulled my hands from the water and dried them, then started to look around for my promise ring.
"Kookie?," Jimin appeared beside me and I held up my hand, pointing to my finger where my ring normally was.
"Maybe it's in the water," Jimin suggested.
"No, I remember seeing it after I pulled my hands out of the water. It's probably on the counter somewhere," I started to push glasses around, searching between every single one of them.
Jimin dropped to his knees and crawled around on the floor, helping me.
Eomma and Appa led the talent scout over to the door so I didn't have to worry about looking stupid in front of the woman anymore.
I let my panic set in when I couldn't find it, then Jimin called out.
"Here it is Kookie!," he held it up to me and I reached out for it.
"Thank God-"
"Jung Kook!," Eomma yelled at me.
I froze and looked over to my parents who looked shocked.
I looked back to Jimin, then understood, "No, Eomma...it's my promise ring!," I took it from Jimin's fingers and held it up, "It fell off and he found it."
Jimin stood up, a blush apparent on his cheeks. He didn't say anything though.
"Oh," Eomma put a hand over his heart, "You two almost killed me."
Appa laughed, earning a smack to his chest, "What? They're just kids. It's not like they're you and me."
"Hey, I'm older than you and could've snagged anyone. You got lucky!," Eomma crossed his arms as Appa walked back towards the office.
"Today, yesterday, Thursday," he held up his hands, indicating that he didn't mind saying that.
Jimin hung his head and Eomma scoffed.
I scrunched up my nose and whined, "Appa why?"
Once he was gone, Jin eomma sighed, "Anyway, you guys can come back to the house when you get done playing."
Eomma left and I put my promise ring back on.
Jimin leaned against the counter and yawned.
"Tired?," I asked with a smirk.
"Yeah. And hungry."
"Want me to make you a sandwich?," I pointed towards the kitchen door.
"No," he shook his head, "I want a cookie," his eyes narrowed as he stared at me, then he smiled.
It took me a second to understand what he was going for, but once it kicked in I rolled my eyes.
"Where's your phone?," I crossed my arms.
He produced it from his back pocket and handed it to me.
I put in the passcode and went to his texts. Ji Min's conversations with Hobi came up immediately, as he was the last person Jimin texted.
I typed in we need to talk then handed it back to it's owner, "Send that then tell him, and only after that can you have a cookie."
"Kookie, I can't," Jimin sighed, "Hobi needs me."
"What does that mean?," I sighed, "You've been hinting for weeks that something's going on with him and Tae Hyung has too. Why won't you three just tell me what's happening?"
"Because he doesn't want you to know. He told me because I'm his boyfriend and Tae only knows because he came into the bathroom when Hobi told me."
"Then I don't see why I can't know," I shrugged.
"You just can't. Without Hobi telling you, it's not fair to him," Jimin looked away from me and sighed.
"What?"
"Think about it," Jimin was starting to sound annoyed, "It wouldn't be fair to you if I went around blabbing all of your secrets. It's the same with Hobi."
I slowly felt my anger go away and I nodded, "Yeah. Sorry."
"It's fine," he turned his phone off, "Just give me some more time. I can't just leave Hobi."
"Well...then stop kissing me all the time," I rubbed the back of my neck.
He chuckled, "Sorry. I just can't help myself sometimes. You're so cute!"
Jimin reached up and ruffled my hair, causing me to whine and shake my head so that it fell back into place.
He was smiling when I looked back up at him, which made me happy somehow. Hyung had that effect on me lately.
It wouldn't even matter if he said "Kookie, I hate you;" as long as he had a smile, it made me smile.