tEn

I went to school the next day.
Tae Hyung didn't act any differently towards me despite everything that happened Monday.
It was only Wednesday, but it felt like a month had passed. This week was going by slower than than the entire summer had.
Jimin still sat next to Hobi at lunch, so I figured he took my advice.
Tae skipped the eating part again, which worried me. He barely ate Monday evening as well. I didn't know what was going on with him Tuesday, since I didn't leave Jimin's until ten at night.
This was really wearing me out, and it was confusing in some parts as well.
"Hyungs," I addressed the table and they all three looked at me, "Can we all go and see appa's show this weekend? It's supposed to be a lot bigger than normal and a few talent scouts are supposed to show."
"Talent scouts for what?," Tae asked.
"Appa's an underground rapper," I clarified, "He's been trying to get signed into a company for a while now."
"What? That's so cool, why didn't you tell me?," Tae smiled.
I glanced at Jimin and Hobi who both avoided my eyes, "Well, appa's group...they aren't on really great terms with the cops."
"Oh," Tae lost his smile, "What happened?"
"That's a long story," Jimin lifted his head off Ho Seok's shoulder and sat up in the booth seat.
"To make it short," I grabbed my phone and played with the power button, "There was a noise complaint and the cops showed up, only to find a drug deal going on in the back of the club. It's appa's club and the guy was a bartender there, so of course appa would be held accountable-"
"And it wasn't his fault," Innie's voice came out of no where and I looked up.
"Hey," I smiled.
"Hi," she put her hands on the table and leaned closer to me, "So, you know that thing that I was telling you about JB?"
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Well," she sang out, "He wants to talk to you...like, now."
"Uh....no," I laughed and shook and my head.
Jimin laughed a little too, and I looked over to see him covering his smile.
"Aw, c'mon Jung Kook," she stood up straight, "At least hear what he's got to say."
"But I don't need to," I shrugged, "Why go?"
"Um," she tilted her head to the side a little, "because you're single."
With another glance to Jimin, I saw that the smile had faded and he was messing with his phone.
"I...don't," I shook my head as I tried to make an excuse, but nothing good came to mind.
"Look, would you just c'mon," she crossed her arms over her chest and spoke through gritted teeth.
"Okay," I held up my hands and waited for Tae to get up before I slid out of the booth seat.
Innie quickly grabbed my arm and started to lead me out of the lunch room.
"Where are we going?," I asked as she let go of my arm.
"No where in particular."
"But you said JB wanted to talk to me. Where's he at?"
"Oh, probably in the lunch room."
"Then why did we leave the lunch room?," I stopped in my tracks, thinking she wasn't acting right.
"Because JB doesn't really want to talk to you....well, I'm sure he wants to talk to you, but he just didn't ask to," she turned around and smiled at me.
"I'm confused. Why are we out here then?"
"Because," she rolled her head back and sighed, "it'll make Jimin jealous if he thinks JB has a chance of getting a slice of Kookie."
"Oh," I scrunched up my nose at her words, "Why would that sentence even form in your brain?"
"It's an easy way to explain the plan," she crossed her arms, seemingly annoyed at the low amount of enthusiasm I was giving.
"Innie, thanks for the help, but I've already talked to Jimin. I don't need to make him jealous. I don't want to, either. I just want him to be happy. And if he decides that he can only be happy with me...then I'll go out with him."
Innie's annoyance slowly faded, and she exhaled, "So...you feel the same for him?"
"What?"
"It wouldn't make him happy to be with you if you weren't happy while you're with him. So do you love Jimin?"
I had to think for a second. Her wording was slightly confusing, but I understood in the end, "I think I do. I'm pretty sure that I do."
She smiled and took a step back, "Then tell him yourself."
I noticed that her eyes were looking pass me. I turned around halfway and saw Jimin standing a few feet away.
When we made eye contact his cheeks turned a light pink shade, but it was cute.
"Hi," he squeaked out and tapped the toe of his shoe on the floor.
"Hey," I breathed out.
"I didn't mean to eavesdrop," Jimin quickly defended himself, "I just-"
"It's-"
"I wanted to make sure you were okay. I know JB can be a little endearing at times and I didn't want you to," he finally paused his rant and swallowed the lump in his throat, "to do anything stupid."
"It's fine," I smiled and walked over to him, "Innie just lied to make you jealous."
"Oh," he dropped his eyes to the floor, "Well...she's a good liar. That actually sounds kind of mean," he shook his head as if to clear his thoughts.
"Are you okay?," I smiled and lightly laughed at him.
"Yeah I'm just....just overwhelmed by...Kookie, you told that girl that you love me."
I nodded, "Yeah. I did."
He went quiet after that and he played with his necklace, bracelets, earrings, fingers; anything that kept him from looking me in the eye.
I just stared down at him and watched his shaking hands.
The moment he did look up to me, he quickly looked away again. He did this multiple times before he just leaned in and kissed me.
It was short, and then he turned around and went back towards the cafeteria.
"Hey, Jimin," I called to him as he got to the lunch room doors.
He turned back, his lips pressed together, "Yeah?"
"See you at appa's show Saturday?"
He nodded, "Wouldn't miss it," he smiled and slipped back into the cafeteria.