elEven

Appa's club was louder tonight than it had ever been. He was up on stage with his friends a lot of the time, while eomma, Jimin and I all worked behind the bar counter.
Tae and Hobi were somewhere. They said that they wanted to get close to the stage a while ago and we hadn't seen them since.
Jimin lightly laughed at me while he took a drink.
"What?," I shouted over all the noise.
He shook his head and put his glass down, "They won't let you drink!," he shouted back with a smile on his lips.
"So what? At least I won't act as slutty as you do!," I regretted saying that once eomma glanced at me.
Jimin saw eomma's stare and pressed his lips together while laughing.
I rolled my eyes and gave one of our regular's another drink. He was weird, so I was hoping he'd pass out.
The crowd went insane and I looked up to the stage. Hobi and Tae had jumped up there and started to dance.
The girls in the crowd loved it and the hardcore rap fans did as well.
Eomma commented that the two of them would be eaten alive by all the drunks in the building.
"Kookie," Jin eomma got my attention, "I'm going put all this in the safe. Watch the register."
He left me and Jimin behind the counter and made his way towards the office in back.
Appa hopped off the stage, leaving one of his friends to take charge of the next couple songs. He moved toward the office as well, so I turned away from the door.
I found Jimin talking to someone sitting at the bar. He was obviously flirting with this twenty-something year old man, so I stepped over to him.
"Hyung, I'm cutting you off," I grabbed his glass and poured out his drink.
"What? Kookie, c'mon! It's Saturday, let me relax," he pouted and reached for a bottle.
"Hobi!," I yelled at Jimin and he stopped, "What would Hobi hyung think if he saw you doing this?"
Jimin wrapped his fingers around the neck of a bottle, but he showed no signs of drinking anything inside.
The guy that Jimin was talking to got up and left. I guess he figured out that Jimin had a boyfriend.
"He...wouldn't like it," Jimin looked up and let go of the bottle, "Sorry, Kookie."
"It's fine, just calm down. It might be the weekend, but you don't have to go all out."
"Hey," a woman's voice made me go back into work mode.
"Yes?," I looked up with a smile on my face.
"The two of you work here?," she looked really professional, but at the same time edgy.
"No," I shook my head, "My dad owns this place. This is my friend. We just help out most of the time."
"You haven't even graduated high school yet, have you?," she took a seat then pulled her phone out and took a picture of Jimin.
"No," I stood up straight and raised my eyebrow, "Why are you-"
"I take it that you know those two?," she gestured towards the stage where Hobi and Tae were jumping around and having fun.
"Yeah, but why-"
"I'm a talent scout," she smiled then took my picture, "You're dad's really good at rapping. Can you do that too?"
"No," Jimin stepped up next to me and put his arm around my shoulders, "but Kookie's a really good singer, like legit amazing."
"Hyung," I elbowed his ribs.
"I'd like to see all of you sometime," she handed me a card, "you five and the guy who was working the register earlier."
"That's Kookie's mom," Jimin smiled. I elbowed him again.
The woman smiled, "You're a lucky kid, you know," she stood up, "You're boyfriend alone is amazing."
I just turned red as she walked away from us. Jimin's grip around me tightened and I looked over at him.
He wasn't staring back at me, but instead at the stage.
"Hyung, he didn't hear her," I spoke into his ear, "He won't get mad."
"It's not that," he shook his head then looked to me, "I just wish she was telling the truth."
I sighed and stepped over to get someone a drink when they came up to the bar.
Jimin's been drinking a lot. He doesn't mean what he says.
That was eomma's first lesson. He said that I shouldn't listen to anything the drunks tell me because they didn't have a clue what they were saying.
When I grabbed the money from the customer's hand, I opened up the register and put it inside.
I had just closed the register when Jimin pulled me back towards the shelves of liquor behind us.
"What?," I managed to speak before he kissed me.
It wasn't the same as the innocent peck he gave me outside the cafeteria. He was being serious now.
For a second, I forgot about Hobi. I forgot about Tae and all the people in the club. I forgot that I told Jimin to break up with Ho Seok before he went for me.
And I just relaxed into the kiss. I didn't fight it or stop it or even think about doing so.
I just let myself admit that I wanted this to happen.
On stage, appa's friend was halfway through one of their songs, but Jimin and I didn't break apart until the end of it.
When things got quiet and appa got back on stage, I found myself staring at Jimin, who was crying again.
It was only the third time I'd ever seen him cry, and it still wasn't enjoyable. It was heart wrenching.
"Hyung-"
"I'm sorry, Kookie. I shouldn't be doing stupid stuff like that. It only makes things more difficult."
"Hyung," I grabbed his arm as he tried to turn away from me, "I wasn't going to scold you."
"You weren't?," he asked and I shook my head, "Well, you had that look on your face."
"That's just my face," I pouted and he laughed, "I was going to ask you how things were with Hobi."
His smile slightly fell and he sighed, "They were better in the start of it. Now that he knows I still love you, he barely talks to me anymore. It's probably because he knows he might say something mean."
"Tell him that he can vent. If he needs to, he can yell at me," I shrugged and pulled Jimin closer.
"Kookie," he looked away from me, "He doesn't want anyone to know. He thinks it's weak to show his feelings."
"It's not."
"But he thinks it is," Jimin whispered when things got quieter.
Appa started to speak, thanking everyone for coming to the show.
"Hyung," I spoke quietly, "You don't want to be with him anymore, do you?"
Jimin sighed and grabbed onto my jacket sleeves, "Not really."
"Then just tell him that."
Jimin pushed himself away from me as we heard Tae and Hobi's laughter drawing closer.
In a matter of two seconds they were sitting at the bar and Hobi was reaching over for Jimin's hand.
Jimin held our hyung's hand without hesitation, which showed me that there was something deeper there.
"Hobi," I turned to him, "Can you take Tae hyung home? Eomma asked me and Jimin hyung to stay and clean up."
"Yeah, sure," he nodded, "Do you want me to come back and get you?," he turned to Jimin with that question.
"No, Jin said he'd take me home. I'll be fine," Jimin sweetly declined the offer.