fouR

The weekend came around. Eomma and appa had to leave so I started to make my way towards Mountain View.
Tae Hyung had gotten my phone number from one of the basketball team members. He sent me a text telling me what time I could come, and it happened to be in agreement with Appa's schedule.
Since Tae Hyung's dorm was so close to Jimin's, I found myself sneaking around quietly.
I thought it'd be awkward to run into Jimin now, especially since I was going to spend some time at another guy's place.
Eomma said I wasn't a whore, but that was getting harder and harder to believe with every passing second.
I quietly knocked on Tae Hyung's door, then realized he probably couldn't hear it, so I knocked again only louder.
In a few seconds, the door opened and Tae Hyung pulled me inside.
He held a finger to his lips and walked further into his dorm.
I pulled my shoes off and slowly followed him.
His dorm was a lot like Jimin's, actually they might have been the exact same. The kitchen doubled as a dining room, the living room was giant, and the bedroom and bathroom were off to the right; just like Jimin's dorm.
"Why are we being quiet?," I whispered as I stepped up beside him.
"Because," he moved over towards the refrigerator, "I keep hearing this buzzing sound, but I don't know where it's coming from."
"Hyung used to hear that too. He had to replace the radiator," I pointed to the heater below the window.
Tae Hyung looked in that direction then smiled, "Oh, yeah. That would make a lot of sense. That thing is really old."
"Tae Hyung," I laughed out his name and shook my head.
"You can just call me Tae...or Hyung...either one works and I'm not picky," he walked over and switched off the radiator.
After a few seconds, the buzzing noise stopped.
"Hey, the genius Jeon Kookie," Tae smiled at me.
"I'm not that smart. Just experienced," I shrugged, "Anything else giving you trouble?"
"Yeah," he laughed, "My fridge is empty."
"Seriously? Then what have you been eating?"
"Lunch at school and cereal in the morning," his statement was so sad, but he had such a big smile on his face.
"C'mon," I reached over and tugged on his sleeve, "Let's go shopping."

Tae Hyung and I went to the supermarket and picked up enough food for him to eat through the week.
After we brought it back to his dorm, he wanted to go for a walk.
"But we just got back," I whined, "My feet hurt."
"A basketball player complaining about pain? That's one I haven't heard before," Tae put a few bottles of water in his fridge.
"I might play basketball, but I'm still a human. And I'm still sore from practice yesterday," I lied about that last part.
"You didn't go to practice," Tae rolled his eyes, "I know that because Jimin was looking for you. He said you didn't show and he got worried."
"Jimin did? He was worrying about me?," I raised my eyebrow at that.
"Jung Kook," Tae turned around and put his hands on my shoulders, "Jimin got a boyfriend. He didn't stop being your friend. He's still not a hundred percent over you either, so of course he'll worry."
"No, I just...thought he'd be mad at me for a while," I shrugged Tae's hands off me.
"Why? Because you don't love him back? You don't love anybody so he can't be mad...or, at least he shouldn't."
"How do you know so much about me?," I crossed my arms and looked him the eyes, waiting for them to dart away when he lied to me.
"I'm just good at reading situations, I guess," he shrugged and continued to put his groceries away.
"Yeah, but I thought that everything I had with Jimin was too complicated for anyone to understand," I sighed and leaned against the counter.
"Jung Kook," he stepped over to me and grabbed my shoulders again, "I know what you're going through okay. I think everyone who finds out they aren't normal does. Your emotions and hormones are just really crazy right now."
I stared at him with my mouth wide open. He could look at me and tell exactly what was wrong.
A big smile spread across his lips, "Now, let's go to the mall!"
"Awe," I groaned, "But that's so far!"
"Yeah yeah," Tae grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the front door, "You like to whine, don't you?"
"Not really. Am I whining?," I looked up from the floor and met his eyes.
"Yeah," he lightly laughed as he slipped his shoes on, "It's cute though, so I'll let it slide."
I rolled my eyes and slipped my shoes on, "Let's go."

We spent an hour browsing before we both got some bubble tea. After that we did more browsing.
Nothing really caught ours eyes....that we could afford at least. Of course expensive things were interesting, but not in either of our budgets.
"Hyung," I looked up to Tae Hyung, "Tell me about your old school," I took a sip of my tea and turned back frontwards.
"Well," he sighed, "it was full of idiots and assholes. That's anywhere though. Um...oh! The people might've sucked, but the building itself I think was amazing."
"Was it a big place?," I dropped my eyes to the floor when I saw Ho Seok ahead of us.
He had just stepped out of a toy store and had a bag in his hand. I assumed it was for his brother.
That was until Jimin came out of the store and jumped on Hobi's back.
"Kookie," Tae waved his hand in front of my face, "You alright?"
I just simply nodded.
He must've followed my gaze and saw my friends as well, "Hey, it's Jimin."
I looked up and stopped him right before he called to them, "No, wait!"
"What?," he turned to me and his eyes were wide. I shocked him inside and out.
"They're on a date. Leave them alone," I walked back the way we came, hoping he'd follow me.
He did, and when he caught up, he was smirking, "That's what's wrong."
"What is it this time?," I sighed.
He laughed a little, "You don't want to be with Jiminie, but you don't want anyone else with him either," Tae put his arm around my shoulders.
"That's....I don't know what I want," I didn't mean for it to, but the words came out in a bitter tone.
"That's good, because I can tell what you want," he smiled, "Have you ever kissed Jimin?"
My cheeks turned red and I rolled my eyes, "That's none of your business."
"So you have," Tae Hyung concluded, "and with that, you got this way of thinking that Jimin is, in simpler terms, your late night booty call."
The way this hyung said that....I couldn't hold in my laughter. He was so sure of himself and his answer, but in reality Jimin and I never made it pass a kiss.
"And I'm sure you're thinking 'we didn't do anything like that,' but it doesn't matter," Tae lightly hit the side of my head, "You still think Jimin should be there every second that you need him and gone when you don't."
I started to actually listen to him and I guess....in a way...he was right.
"But, you know what?"
I came back to the outside world and met his gaze.
"It's okay for now, because I won't let anyone else have you," he gave me another smile, but this one was different from the usual ones. It made me uncomfortable, but at the same time I didn't mind it.
"What does that mean?," I started to chew on the straw in my bubble tea cup.
After a short pause, his old smile returned, "Don't worry about it right now."
I shrugged it off and we went back to browsing the mall, store by store. We didn't run into Jimin and Hobi again, but it was just the weekend.