2. I'm doomed

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Philophobia — the fear of being in love and falling in love.

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Do you know the feeling when you sit nervously in front of the teacher while she takes her own sweet time to hand you your report card?

Do you know how it feels when your instinct keeps telling you something horrible is going to happen and yet you are forced to watch it happen?

That's exactly how I feel now while I sit before the WereGuardians, self conscious and jittery while we listen to each of them speak.

Rewind my life to four hours ago when they had landed at the doorstep in the weirdest attire with their staff held firmly in their right hand and hoods hiding their faces.

To humans, they would seem lunatics, but to us werewolves, their eccentricity was completely normal.

When the formalities were done they had followed Ashton and I to the Meeting Room where they had seated themselves prim and proper.

Ashton had begun with the annual report followed by me giving them the all the files and information we had collected on GreyHound so far. Far from being impressed, their faces wore a deadpan look and I couldn't help the sense of foreboding kicking in again.

Ashton had asked me like a thousand times in the last four hours how he looked through the mindlink. "Do I look impressive?" "Is my hair okay?" "Is my suit wrinkled?" "Do I have anything stuck in my teeth?"

"The last two months have been very stressful beginning with the attack on the Wolverines and now the recent threat on the Dark Wolves." Cerberus Custos continues as he circles the table, his eyes moving on each on of us, "The matter needs to be looked into urgently and therefore we need to find a way to prevent war and subdue GreyHound at the same time. His spies are everywhere, even as we speak there are lone wolves joining him, planning a rebellion and overthrow our age old systems. They hunger for blood and power and if we sit and wait until they strike to strike back, we'll be defeated even before the actual fight begins."

"The proposition I put forward is simple. United we stand, divided we fall. We need to fight as one instead of different packs. We need to get together and train. We need to think as one, act as one."

His speech is met with total silence. Ashton's lips are pursed up in a thin line while his brows are knitted in deep thought. Dylan, Claire and the rest of the Warriors wear an expressionless look on their faces as they wait for one of us to speak.

I clear my throat. "Does this mean we need to get together and train?"

"It means, all the packs need to come together, stay together, train together."

My blood goes cold when his words bounce off my ears. "When last December the Wolverines were attacked, we and our warriors reached out in time to help them. You never told us unify then. Why now?"

He doesn't answer. Doesn't have one.

"So you want to uproot us and take us from the safety of our own homes and territory? All the effort we put in enhancing our security, in training our warriors under difficult circumstances. We never stopped training. Always took precautions. Unlike the Dark Wolves, we have worked hard to keep this place safe from attacks."

Cerberus eyes linger on me for a moment before they turn away, "We are doing this for the welfare and safety of all the packs in America. A decision cannot be taken based on personal reasons."