6.

I woke early the next morning, 5:07 to be exact, before my alarm.

I got up out of bed stretching and yawning. I didn't even try to go back to bed. Once I woke up,it was nearly impossible for me to fall back asleep.

I got up slowly, taking advantage of all the free time I had. I walked over to my small closet, deciding on what I wanted to wear. I wanted to impress my teachers, but at the same time not be labeled a "dork". I ended up picking out a black and white polka dotted miniskirt along with a white blouse. I layered on a black blazer on top. One thing I noticed about myself so far in college is that I wear alot of black. Hey, but they say black is beautiful and it goes with everything. So it's a win-win situation.

I glanced at my clock, 5:25. Why was time going so excruciatingly slow? I took extra time doing my makeup. I slowly stroked the mascara brush along my lashes and filled in my brows with extra care. I decided to add a gloss to waste time.

I glanced at the clock again.

Only 20 minutes had passed. Why was the universe doing this to me?

Suddenly, a wave of memories from last night hit me like a truck.

Bumping into Asher.

Being called ghetto.

Being called an animal.

Him pulling my hair.

I looked at my reflection in my small makeup mirror and decided that it was time for a change. I wanted to take these braids out. If I did it right now, I would still have time to straighten my hair. And since my braids were freshly done, I wouldn't have to wash my hair.

One by one, I unbraided each braid, and detangled my hair. As o took each braid out, I tried to convince myself that I was doing this for me, not to please anyone else. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it.

I unraveled the last braid, and massaged some moisturizing cream along my roots. I didn't regret taking out my braids one little bit. I love my natural hair, and honestly thought I looked better with it out. I parted my hair on sections, and began running my flat iron through my long hair. Although I liked the straight look, I decided to curl it with a barrel, going for a girly look for the first day of classes.

Soon I was all dressed, makeup done, and hair straightened. I still had about an hour left. Summer was still fast asleep, probably recovering from her slight hangover. I didn't know what time her classes started, but I didn't wake her up. I wasn't going to pretend like I was her mother.

I opened our mini-fridge stationed in the middle of our room, looking for a bite to eat. I ended up grabbing one of those tasty jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches my mom brought for be before college. I popped it in our thrifted microwave (it was to expensive to buy a new one) and set it to one minute. When the microwave beeped, I realized how hungry I actually was. I took it out, only to put another one in. While that one was being heated up, I ate my first sandwich. I gobbled the second one down as soon as the microwave beeped. 'Gosh', I thought to myself, 'if I kept eating like this, I was going to gain the freshman fifteen.'

As I finished off the last bite, Summer groggily put her head up.

"I knew I smelled food," she yawned.

"Yup. Want one?" I asked her. My mom had bought me a family sized pack from Sam's Club, so I really wouldn't be losing any if I gave one to her.

"Umm, sure," she said, rubbing her eyes, "what time is it?"

"It's ten fifteen. You're lucky that I'm sharing food with you. I usually don't." I joked.

"Wow, 10:15 already? My first class starts at twelve."

"Yeah, I should get going now. My first class starts at 10:45." I said, putting on my ballet flats, black of course.

"Catch you later alligator," Summer said in between her bites.

"In a while crocodile."

------------------

I arrived to my first class, English, 10 minutes early. I sat down near the middle, and took out my books. To pass the time, I texted my mom telling her about my past day, but leaving out the party and Asher coming into my room.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Professor Francis."

I looked around. The classroom was filled with students.

"As you know, I'll be your English teacher thus semester." Professor Francis was a short white women with blonde hair. Her hair was starting to gray at the roots, and wrinkles were prominent on her face. "I'll start of by telling you a little about myself. I've been teaching for over 30 years, staring out as an 8th grade social studies teacher."

I droned out her voice, looking around the spacious room. I hated when teachers talked about themselves. It was always so boring. It was obvious that I wasn't the only one listening. A few people stared at their laps and smiled,not doubt on their cell, and others stared out the window watching pedestrians cross the street.

"Now it's your turn," Professor Francis said loudly. That caught my attention. "Tell me a little about yourself. It can be through a drawing. Through a poem. Anything that you desire. Impress me."

A few students mumbled as I cracked open my notebook. I wanted to draw a picture.

"Oh, and you guys can talk while you work," Francis said. I liked her already.

I began doodling on a clean page, drawing everything that I loved. A slice of pizza. A computer. A microphone and a music note. Soon, the whole page was filled.

"Hello," a quiet voice said in front of me. I looked up, finding a girl smiling sheepishly at me.

"I noticed you weren't talking to anyone. Mind if I sit right here?" she asked, she had was very soft spoken.

"Sure, no problem," I said, clearing my junk from off the table. "My name is Noami." I smiled at her.

"Mine is Bethany," she smiled back. She had big round glasses and mousy brown hair. She had a Nirvana band tee and ripped loose jeans. She wasn't exactly like all the other girls around here.

"Everyone here is so hot," she said almost as if she was reading my thoughts. "It's crazy."

"Yeah, I know right," I agreed, making finishing touches to my doodles.

"Ooh, you can really draw." She said amazed.

"Thank you so much," I was flattered. No one had ever complimented my drawings before.

"Time's up," Professor Francis said,.clapping her hands. "Anyone care to share."

Everyone kept their hands down.

"Anyone...anyone. Umm, how about..."

Don't say my name. Please don't say my name.

"Noami!"

I groaned, banging my head lightly on my desk. Why universe, why?

-------------------

Hey guys, this chapter is shorter than usual and late because I'm taking the PARCC. For those of you who don't know, the PARCC is a computer based standardized test. It's soo fun (sarcasm).

I probably won't be updating later tonight because I'm soo tired. (Usually I make up for my short chapters with two updates a day. )

So sorry if there are any typos, I don't feel like proofreading this, lol.

Please vote and comment, I would love to see what you guys think. Obviously people are reading this since I have 200 reads.

Love you guys and stay awesome <3