66

Kenzie's POV

It's only been two months, but it feels like years. Yes, I've been more willing to cooperate, but it's still harder than one can ever imagine.

Think of having a constant urge to just... hurt yourself. For no good reason. It's nothing specific you did. Nothing drastic really happened. But for some reason, you aren't happy, and you have this strange idea that hurting yourself will make it all better. You can try to push those thoughts as far back in your mind as you can, but they never fully go away. It's so difficult to explain. All I know is I wish I had control over that little voice.

To add on, eating is still difficult.. I know it's just a mental block, but it's so hard to overcome. Some days I'll have almost no issues at all with eating, but then there are days when even the thought of food made me feel sick. I can't figure out how to fully be okay with eating. How do I convince myself that being extremely skinny isn't important? How do I not feel over weight?

Mom tells me she's seeing improvement, but I still feel weak. They'll be times when she has to stay up with me all night to make sure I don't cut. She's had to sit at the table for hours with me just so I would eat. I feel awful for putting her through it. It sounds simple enough to just stop my bad habits, but it's not that easy. I dot exactly know why it's difficult. It just is.

"Are you ready to go?" Mom asked as I was sat on the couch waiting for her.

"Yup," I said, standing in my feet and meeting her at the door.

We were going to go shopping at the mall for my thirteenth birthday. It had been a while since I had gone out out in public like this, but Mom said it'll be good for me.

Mom opened the door, and we walked out to the car.

Once we were at the mall, she found a parking space not too far away from the building. Then she looked at me. "Remember, if you feel yourself get too nervous, let me know. Just breath, and I'll find a way to get out without causing a huge scene."

I nodded, and we headed into the big building. It had been a long time since I've seen so many people in one place. It wasn't overly crowded or anything, I was just used to staying at home all of the time.

"Alright, it's your day. Wherever you want to go," Mom told me.

We looked through various clothing stores. Mom helped me pick out a bunch of clothes. I've always loved her style.

"I'm going to go look through there," Mom said, pointing to a rack several yards away.

"Alright, I'll keep looking here," I replied. I stayed by the rack of tank tops close to the entrance/exit of the shop.

In an instant, I felt an arm wrap around my torso at the same time a hand grasped my mouth. All that could be heard from me was a muffled sound. Mom was facing the other way, paying very close attention to a jacket she found. I kicked and squirmed as I was being carried away.

"What's going on?" Someone asked in our direction.

"Someone help her!" I random woman shouted while pointing at me.

I saw Mom's head snap around as whoever had a hold of me was now running as fast as he could. I continued to squirm around and kick, trying to get free. The man pulled out a gun and aimed it at everyone around him, making some people back off. There was a van waiting right outside of the mall for us. I watched as people were trying to catch us while avoiding being the gun's target. I heard a click as I was thrown into the van. I started screaming as soon as his hand was removed from my mouth.

"Damnit," the man said as I heard another click. I realized it was from the gun. "It's jammed."

"It doesn't matter. We've got her now, and they aren't going to catch us in time," another man said. I recognized that voice. My father.

I then got a good look at the man who carried me out of the mall. Mark.

I continued to scream and lash out in desperation.

"Shut up! No one can hear you," Mark barked at me.

I started kicking and pointing on the van, and Marked grabbed both of my wrists. I gasped as he kneed me in the gut.

"I told you to quit it! Your giving me a head ache for nothing!" I stared into his stone cold eyes. I couldn't find anything sympathetic about them. "I ought to just do whatever I want with you right now before we get caught."

"Mark," my father growled. "We agreed to wait."

"The police are right on our tails. Eric, they saw me take her out of the mall," Mark argued back. "If we wait, neither of us get anything."

The whole time, I was thinking of just how sick this whole situation was.

"She's my daughter. If either of us get her, it's going to be me. Besides, I'm about to lose these cops."

The Van was moving recklessly, I was surprised my father hadn't run into anything. I couldn't exactly see what was going on, but I felt plenty of sharp turns.

"Haha! It worked!" My father exclaimed. "They didn't see the turn. We lost them."

While the two monsters were celebrating, I was secretly hoping they would crash and I would die so I wouldn't have to go anywhere with them.

Unfortunately, the drive lasted several more hours. By this time, my throat was so hoarse from crying, and I was still on alert.

Mark looked amused at my trembling body. A sickening grin grew on his face. "You know, your father and I always wondered how you would look as a teen. We got you at perfect timing it seems like." My stomach started twisting in knots. "You're almost like we pictured you." He looked up and down my body again for the thousandth time. "Except, you were a little thinner in my head."

That didn't bother me. Right now, weight was the least of my worries.