44

Kenzie's POV

"Come here, my princess."

I woke up with a gasp. Why does this keep happening? It's over! It hasn't happened in years!

Yet I still get dreams that remind me of the pain.

I still get dreams that remind me of how worthless my father made me.

After I thought about it, I felt so dirty. I got up and went into my bathroom. I started to shower and got undressed. Then I stepped into the hot water. I scrubbed every inch of my body, trying to get the feeling of his touch off of me.

I hate him so much.

I hate him!

I stood under that hot water until my skin was bright red. I turned off the water, then went to put my pajamas back on. I looked down at all of my cuts.

I hate myself.

I hate myself for everything.

Before I knew it, I had made more cuts.

I dropped the little piece of metal and put my head in my hands. I sat there and cried. Just cried. I hated who I'd become. I couldn't understand why Mom could still stand me. I'm not good anything. I'm just a worthless piece of shit.

At least that's what I had made out of myself.

After a while, I pulled myself together enough to clean up and crawl back into bed. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. My brain wouldn't shut off. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the very thing that woke me up.

I hated it.

Demi's POV

I woke up around noon. It was nice to sleep in for a change. Lazy Saturdays are the best.

I walked to the living room, surprised that Kenzie was no where in sight. I went to her room, and saw she was still in her bed, her back facing away from me.

I sat next to her and gently placed my hand on her head. Her hair was quite damp.

She rolled over to face me and opened her eyes.

"Good afternoon," I chuckled.

She yawned and closed her eyes again.

"Still tired?" I asked. She nodded in response. "Why is your hair damp?" I asked.

She opened her eyes and looked at me again. "I don't know," she answered. "I guess I just got warm."

I took my hand off of her head. "You mean I've been running my hand through your sweaty hair?" I asked jokingly. I then playfully wiped my hand on her arm, making her smile a bit. "Well I guess it's best if you take a shower before we get the day started," I said.

She nodded and sat up, stretching and yawning simultaneously.

I left her room and went to the kitchen. I made myself a bowl of cereal only because it's easy and quick.

After I ate, I decided that it would be a good laundry day. I gathered some of my clothes, but I didn't have enough colors to do a full load.

I sure wear a lot of black.

I went into Kenzie's room and heard her shower on, the water running loudly. I decided her pajamas would need a washing. I silently slipped into her bathroom, since the door was already cracked open. I quickly picked the laundry up off of the floor, and on my way to standing up, something terrifying caught my eye.

Right on the sink was a little piece of sharp metal, just big enough to be considered a blade. I swallowed back tears and tried to calm myself down.

She wouldn't. She couldn't.

I quickly snatched the piece of metal from the sink and left with the laundry.

We are definitely having a talk.

Well...