Chapter 14: Sunshine

Jenna POV

I woke up to a bright ray of sunlight shining right on my face. Seriously, it was shining directly on my face and only my face. Tay was literally like 2 inches from me but the sun decided to greet me and only me. I had no idea what time it was, but it must have been early since the sun wasn't too high over the horizon. I sneakily pushed Tay a little to the side so I could move my head out of the sun. As I did that though, the little jelly bean started to stir and buried her head in my chest.

"No, no wake yet," she mumbled in a childish voice.

"Okay, love. No wake yet," I whispered and she started to nuzzle against me.

"You sound hot with your hoarse morning voice," she whispered softly before looking up at me.

"And you look cute with your messy morning hair," I said and kissed her cheek softly. She giggled at the touch and gestured for me to get closer.

"My phone is in my pocket, can you check the time?" She took a little breath before she closed her eyes and started snoring slightly. I giggled quietly at how adorable she is before I did as she asked.

I fished her phone out of the pocket of her shorts and pressed the lock button so the screen would light up. She had a picture of her and four guys on a couch with goofy smiles as her lockscreen and I found it absolutely adorable. I knew who the guys were. They're some really cool kids who hang out with my boys sometimes. I believe they also have a band, though it seems it is only beginning. Wonder how Tay knows them, since they are older and, well, not the type of guys you would see queen bee hanging around. But then again, you wouldn't expect queen bee to be hanging around with someone like me either.

"7:22," I whispered more to myself than anyone else.

"Too early, sleep more," I heard Tay groan into my chest.

"Okay, okay sleepy hea-" I cut myself off with the sudden realization of what exactly I was supposed to do today.

"Fuck!" I stood up quickly, nearly twisting the hammock and making Tay hit the floor. I grabbed my dead phone and started to head towards the house.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Tay yelled. I heard her footsteps coming up behind me but I didn't stop.

"I have to go, I have to shower and have breakfast and be at my dad's shop by 9," I said and turned the handle of the giant glass door that made way into the foyer.

"You can do the shower and breakfast here. You really don't need to rush," Tay grabbed my arm and spun me around to meet her eyes.

"Seriously Jen, just chill for a second," she said as she tried to catch her breath.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I guess I just figured I'd get ready at my own house seeing as this is my first time in your home and I didn't want to intrude," I mumbled, to which Jenna just laughed and pinched my cheek.

"Cute, little, polite Jenna. Thinking she's intruding. You are no bother Jen, especially now that you're my girlfriend," Tay teased and smiled.

Girlfriend, the sound of that word made my heart beat faster than a hummingbird's. That's right. Tay is my girlfriend now, officially. The feeling sunk in and suddenly I was picking Taylor up and running with her up the stairs and into her room.

"You're right, I am your girlfriend so there is no reason for me to feel like I'm intruding. Just point me in the direction of your shower and I shall go freshen up for you...and my dad," I said with a brilliant grin.

Tay pointed at the door in her room and said that it was the bathroom. I nodded, grabbed my clothes, and went in to shower. I was trying to hurry, I couldn't be late to my own appointment.

I let the water hit me. It was so much hotter than it needed to be but I liked to have steam coming off me when I stepped out. I did what I needed to and was out in fifteen minutes. I stepped out to find clean clothes with a little note that said "you can borrow this" with Tay's name signed in messy script. I smiled and changed into whatever it was that she picked out for me. I'd have to admit that Tay pretty much gave me something I wouldn't have expected. I was standing in front of the mirror with a black crop top that showed my stomach, black jeans, and a black flannel shirt. It looked good, of course, but it wasn't something I wore on a daily basis.

I stepped out of the bathroom and Tay herself was showered and dressed in a cute little black dress.

"You look so good," Tay smiled as she came up to me and handed me some small socks and my shoes.

"So do you, but by the way you're staring I'd say you chose this particular outfit for your own reasons," I teased as I squeezed her sides to make her giggle.

"Yeah, you're right. You look really good. Your stomach is nice and the jeans make your butt look good too," she said and stopped slightly to look behind me at my bum.

I stopped her and pressed my lips to her ear. "You know, if you wanted to see my body you didn't have to dress me. There's another way to get me undressed," I whispered huskily. Tay's face turned a bright red and she kept biting her lips while trying to find a way to respond.

"There's the McDougall I know. Always so smooth and trying to bed the hottest girl around," Tay huffed before pulling me into the kitchen where Jenny, the girl who works for Tay's family, had breakfast ready for us.

Tay and I ate and joked while Jenny kept level ground between our silly arguments. By 8:30, Tay and I were only half way done and had to rush out the door so I could be on time.

"Hey, I'll see you tomorrow at school?" Tay asked.

"Yes, unless you want to come with me to my appointment," I said. Tay's face lit up and she got in the car without question.

We drove to my dad's shop where he was standing at the window looking at his watch. He was rather impressed at the fact I was on time for something. The second we went in, Tay got the gist of what was going on and got all excited. To be there. Dad sat me down and turned me around to get the stencil on my skin. Tay was looking closely while he started to tattoo the Celtic triad symbol on the back of my neck. It felt a bit different, not as bad as I had expected.

Tay was doing all the talking. She was just going on and on about the tattoo and joking with my dad about making the tattoo hurt more like the little asshole she can be. Dad didn't take too long to finish it and it looked amazing. Tay really liked it too, but no one more than me. Dad took a liking to little Taylor though, scheduling her an appointment for her own tattoo. It was actually really nice to have a girl actually meet someone in my family for once.

Tay and I walked out of the shop and a strange feeling sunk in as I saw the sun's rays illuminate Tay, making her look stunning and making my heart beat faster than it ever had before. Oh my, this is going to hurt like a bitch isn't it?

A/N
HEY. SO LIKE, NOT DEAD. JUST HAD SOME PERSONAL ISSUES COME UP AND i WAS HAVING A HARD TIME IN MY HEAD FOR A WHILE. AND WHEN I WAS OKAY I REALIZED MY DOG CHEWED UP MY LAPTOP'S CHARGER. SO I GOT A NEW ONE AND I HAD WRITER'S BLOCK. I KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO BUT I'M STUCK ON HOW TO GET IT THERE SO THIS IS A BIT OF A FILLER CHAPTER. BUT THIS WILL GET FINISHED I PROMISE. THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO STUCK AROUND. ILY. YOU'RE GR8. STAY WEIRD

-Steph