Chapter 10

Read the Author's Note at the bottom if you wanna know what's what and be apart of the story!

**********Liam's POV***********

(3 Days Later)

"Liiiii-aaaam!" Louis whined. He's sat on the couch watching a football match with Niall while I sit at the kitchen table on my laptop. I look over to see his eyes peeking over the back of the sofa staring back at me. "Yes, Louis?" My voice is jokingly proper, something we've been doing a lot lately. Louis giggles and motions for me to come over to him.

I tower over the older boy when I stand next to where he's sitting. It appears that Niall dozed off.

"Liam, I need to ask you something." He pats the open space next to him so I sit down. "Would you accompany me for a picnic this evening?" 

Is squealing with happiness an appropriate answer? I know he wants to go as friends but hey, it's alone time with Louis!

"So is that a yes?" Crap! I've been smiling like an idiot for about 30 seconds and haven't even given the guy an answer? I've gotta keep my cool. Even though it's Louis, I don't wanna scare him away.

"Yeah sounds good, what time?" He takes a minute to think. You would imagine he had it all planned out, but in reality, Louis doesn't really plan anything. He's a very spontaneous lad. "7:30 work?" I nod my head. I stand up to go to my room, but not before I hug the boy sitting next to me. He reacts almost immediately and hugs me back.

"Can't wait." I whisper into his ear before I exit the room, leaving him and a sleeping Niall to watch the rest of the match.

----------------------------------------------------------------

*******Louis' POV***************

There's only and hour until the picnic. Harry is helping me get ready. "I still can't believe he said yes. It sounded like such a date." I look at Harry, and his facial expression is confused.

"Isn't it a date though?"

"Harry, it can't be a date unless both of us know it's a date." Harry rolls his eyes at my comment.

We spend the next few minutes in silence while we continue to try and find a nice outfit for me to wear.  

"Louis, why are you so nervous? You and Liam have hung out a bunch of times. This time won't be any different."

"Yes it will Harry," I zip up my black skinny-jeans then look my friend in the eyes. "and you know why."

---------------------------------------------------------------

********Liam's POV*************

At 7:15 there's a knock on my door. I get up off of my bed and walk to the door. When I open it, I see a very handsome Louis standing in front of me. "Ready to go?" He flashes me a cute smile.

"Yeah I just gotta get my shoes on." I slip on a pair of nice combat boots and follow Louis down to one of the cars. "Where is this picnic going to be?" I ask. 

"It's a secret." Louis winks at me and starts the car, soon after he pulls out of the driveway and we're on the road. 

The car ride to this secret location is silent. It's a comfortable silence though. Every now and then I catch him looking at me and we send each other smiles.

We arrive to a very pretty meadow about 15 minutes later. The sun is setting and the long grass is a beautiful golden color. "C'mon." Louis says quietly, but I can hear excitement in his voice. I notice that he is not only holding a picnic basket, but also a guitar. "What's with the guitar, Lou?"