Prologue

This world is unfair. This world is sad. This world is cruel. This world is crazy. This world is mad. This world is cold. This world is selfish. Maybe this world is another planet's hell.

From the moment this world's light first scorches your eyes, you are controlled and oppressed. Your whole life is already planned out. You either make it, or you don't, but not even that is up to you.

Maybe I did atrocious things in a past life to have deserved the one I am living right now. But that wouldn't make sense. That would be stupid. I don't remember it, so I don't know what I'm being punished for.

I've walked this world for almost 21 years and yet I still haven't found a good enough reason to keep on doing so. I've seen through it all. You are either born under the right circumstances or you're worthless. I'm the latter.

I haven't seen much of this world, but from the little I have seen, I can tell you that it's horribly fucked up and I don't understand it in the slightest.

I've never understood how one group of people could be treated like absolute trash, whilst another could be treated like royals. Aren't we all the same in the end? People are people, so why do we get along so awfully?

On one side there's a pretty girl walking down a dirty street in the middle of the night, wearing revealing clothing and sending seductive glances to every one passing by. She is ridiculed, disgraced and slandered.

On the other side there's a pretty girl walking down corridors decorated with gold and diamonds in the middle of the night, wearing revealing clothing and sending seductive glances to every one passing by. She is honored, idolized and complimented.

So what distinguishes one from the other?

Money. Power. Status.

Nothing that really matters. But what else should be expected? Money rules the world, after all.

And money is something I don't have. To be frank, I don't actually have anything. I have an abusive, alcoholic excuse for a father. I own a total of 2 shirts. I live in one of the dirtiest, squalidest and depravest areas of London.

All in all, my life is miserable and gloomy.

Luckily, it won't be long until it's over.

People like me don't live long.

And I don't mind.