Misguided Ghosts

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* 

I opened my heavy eyes to the constant beeping and looked around. I wasn't in Austin's tank top or in our bed. I looked down to see IVs dripping and all of my cuts bandaged or stitched. I looked around and saw Austin slumped in the corner with his head in his hands. I was here because I passed out from self harming, I was self harming because of Austin. It sounds silly when I think about it now. 

"Aus-tin," I croaked, trying to get his attention.

His head snapped up and he rushed to my side. "Charlie I'm so sorry, this is all my fault," he said as his voice cracked several times. "I don't know what's been getting into me but I know it won't happen again," he reassured me. 

I shook my head, "Austin, you know it will happen again." I looked around and noticed a sleeping Jaime in a chair. "We shouldn't take our relationship any farther because it wasn't one screw up, it was multiples," I sighed. 

Austin nodded but he was on the verge of tears. I grabbed his hand to let him know it would be okay. I heard laughter from outside the hall and saw my gang of Mexicans walk through the door. Jess threw something at Jaime, causing him to wake up. He smiled and greeted her and their little girl with a kiss. Tony had Liam and Michelle looked like she had a stick up her ass. 

"How's my baby girl," Vic asked before he gently placed a kiss on my forehead. 

I smiled, "I feel like shit." 

"Well maybe if you were normal and could handle a break up properly, you wouldn't be here," Michelle scoffed. "Actually I bet this is your plan to get Tony back. Attract attention to yourself with all this self harm bullshit and he'll rush to your side like when you were raped because you were a dirty whore," she snapped at me.

Everyone fell silent but I was becoming more pissed by the second. "Look here bitch, you don't get to call me out on my life decisions. Actually, why the fuck are you even here? You are not family or my friend so get the hell out of my room," I yelled at her, causing everyone to cringe at my voice. 

She laughed, "I'm a social worker, you dumb fuck. I'm here to tell you that Tony will be granted full custody due to your little stunt here." The color in my face drained and an uneasy feeling settled over me. "Until you are deemed mentally fit, you will not be able to see your son. You'll need to see a therapist and have them sign off when they believe you are okay to take care of a child, although good luck with that because you're fucking psycho." 

A doctor walked into the room and smiled, "I need everyone out please." They all walked out, slowly stealing glances in my direction. The doctor pulled my IV out and stood up straight. "Now Miss Daniels, you lost a lot of blood and were under for 3 days. Everything proved to be okay and we got you blood transfusions. I'm referring you to a highly recommended psychiatrist to talk about your problems. Sign these forms and return them to the front desk and then you'll be free to go," he said and walked out of my room leaving a small stack of papers. 

I signed them and found the clothes that Austin found me in. I slipped them on and walked out to hand the forms over. The nurse smiled and thanked me before scurrying away back to work. I found my group waiting in the waiting room, including Michelle, who was holding Liam. I hated her. I knew the moment I met her that I would hate her. I stopped to look at them and found them all staring back. I didn't say anything I just walked past them and out the hospital doors. My upper thighs hurt but the walk home wouldn't be that long and the pain would be soothing. 

I heard them behind me but I didn't want to be around any of them. I looked down at my feet and decided I was faster than them. I heard Vic call my name but I took off running. I heard footsteps trying to keep up but they couldn't, they vanished quickly and I was alone. I manged to get away from the hospital fast and I could use back roads so they wouldn't pick me up. My feet pounded in the direct they wanted, somewhere I haven't been in years.