CHAPTER 33- She's Not Afraid

KATIE'S P.O.V.

It's been two weeks since the breakup. I must say, Louis has been acting strange these past few days. The last time we made eye contact he practically ignored me. Now, he's actually being his usual loud and annoying self again. What a change there. I actually like this Louis. This playful, cheerful and annoying boy.

The lads noticed, too. But for some reason I have this feeling that they know what's going on with him. That got me thinking, does he have a new girlfriend? I mean, that must be the reason why he's so happy. Maybe he has a new lady in his life.

Well, that ends the thoughts of us being together again.

I sigh and a single tear fell down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away, scared that people might ask me what's wrong. If there's one thing I hate, that is people sympathizing me. I'm 24 years old people, I can handle my problems on my own.

As I was walking I saw Louis sitting on his stool, getting his hair done by his stylist. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't move. I just stared at him. It's like everything was in slow-mo. Yeah, cheesy right?

But then this had to happen.

He looked my way and that snapped me back to reality. I was so startled that I actually slipped and fell to the floor. Wow, embarrassing much?

I was so embarrassed that I stayed there lying on the floor. I covered my flushed face, hoping no one would see me.

Great, Katie. You had to do that, didn't you? You just had to embarrass yourself. You pathetic girl.

Just then, a pair of arms lifted me up effortlessly. Those arms belonged to nine other than... drum roll... Louis. Yeah, it had to be him.

He stood me up and I could tell he was trying his hardest not to laugh. "What happened to you?", he asked. "You can laugh if you want to.", I said, crossing my arms and glaring at him. And with that being said, he laughed, so hard that he, too fell on the floor. I gotta say, that was actually pretty funny.

But I wasn't gonna give in just yet. I bit my lip and watched him get up. He wiped the tears from his eyes from too much laughing and gave me a serious look. He stepped closer to me and grabbed me by the shoulders. "You're welcome, love." His breath fanned my face, and it was pretty hot.

Keep it together, Katie.

"Just a tip: the next time you stare at me, try not to fall."

Seriously?!

He winked then left me standing there. What a tease.

He seemed satisfied with his work, because when he looked back, he was smirking. Ugh, he's so cocky and annoying! I'll show him.

With that being said, I walked away in a huff.

If he thinks I'm that easy, well, he's wrong.

LOUIS'S P.O.V.

Haha, I showed her. She thinks she's so sassy when she's around me. Well, I hate to break it to her, but I'm the Sassmasta from Doncasta, booya!

I started making weird dance moves which then earned weird looks from passersby.

You're all just jealous, losers.

"Wow, you seem cheerful today. Well you're always cheerful now that Katie's around.", Harry stated out from nowhere. I nudged him on the shoulder.

"Hey, keep your voice down, mate. She might hear.", I scolded. He gave me a blank expression and a 'really' look. "Whatever, just get on with your work, Styles.", I rolled my eyes at him.

He reciprocated my action and told me, "You're so difficult, Tomlinson." With that, he left.

Yeah, that's my best buddy for you.

Why am I so happy today? It's actually scaring me, too.

Katie.

Yeah, I know brain. Stop reminding me.

"Are you talking to your brain, Tommo?", asked someone. I turned around swiftly to see Katie. Oh my gosh, that's so embarrassing.

"Uh- huh? What are you talking about? That's absurd.", I replied. "Yeah, keep telling yourself that." was all she said. As she walked past me, she stopped and whispered.

"I guess I'm not the only one with embarrassing moments."

Then she walked away. I know it's weird, but I can sense her smirking, making my face a tint of red.

Karma hits you, man. It hits you hard.

A/N: Hey ya fellas! I wanted to add some comedy in the story, just yo you know, spice things up a bit. Anyways, thank you guys and gals for the growing amount of reads and support you've given this story. This is my first story and I'm so happy that many people are actually reading it. Thanks so much. Please like, vote and comment! Well, that's all for now. See you all soon!