Missing You-Kiyoshi Teppei

Start from the beginning

I did hear a lot of children's voices on the other line. I laughed and told him just how good he is at handling them. We were talking about mundane things when I asked him when he's coming.

"I'm not so sure yet. I'll try to contact you by it." The bell rang and it was time to go back to class. I said my goodbye to him and went off.

•Kiyoshi's POV

I really miss her and I wish I could attend at her university but seeing that I'm here. I can't help it. Sigh... I liked at the kids playing. They were from the hospital and they have great stamina for playing this long. Robert, who was a patient here came to me.

"Why are you looking so distant Mr. Teppei?"
"Hmm? I'm kinda missing my girlfriend right now." His eyes sparkled in interest and he asked away questions like there's no tomorrow.

"Is she beautiful? How old is she? Tell me her name! How long have you two been together?" I calmed him down before answering his questions.

"I see and you said that your anniversary is coming? Why not surprise her by coming home! You're going to be discharged two weeks from now right?"
"Yeah. I guess you're right." I grinned. He smiled and told me his plan. Wow~ I didn't know that this kid is so smart!

"That should do it!" He exclaimed as he jumped off the bench. "Visit us once you reached Japan and surprise your girlfriend okay Mr. Teppei?" He held his pinky and I linked it with him. I ruffled his hair and went back to my rehab. I'm actually walking fine now. I can do the normal things and I can jump in basketball like I used to. I just need to be careful in bending too much but all-in-all, I'm pretty much healed.

"Okay. Let's do this."

~Two Days before the anniversary~

I called her in Skype and told her that I will not be able to come home to the day of our anniversary because of some complications. She smiled sadly before trying to console me with encouraging words.

"Don't strain yourself too much okay Teppei?" I smiled lightly. It pained me inside to see her smile sadly but I have to do this. The call ended and little did she know, I was at the airport now. I thanked Alex for everything then I gave the ticket and we were bound to reach Japan in a day or less.

"I'll be home to surprise her." I laughed silently.

~A day before the anniversary~

I reached Japan and here I am now, in front of my grandparents. I hugged them tightly before grandma slapped me with her stick.

"Itai! Why grandma!?"
"You didn't mail us that you'll be home!"
"I'm sorry grandma. I had to surprise a certain someone you see." Her eyes lit up and she instantly knew who it was. Grandpa as well. I went to our favorite place and asked the caretaker to clean the place. It was a lone tree at the park but it was slightly elevated. He agreed and was now cleaning the place. I went to the grocery to shop for a bit. The others still don't know that I came home so I kept a low profile. Choosing the ingredients for the anniversary tomorrow was difficult. I wonder what (First name) is going to do for our anniversary?

~The day of anniversary~

I was cramming now! I woke up late and I had to cook all the ingredients before 5 in the afternoon! I want it to w a great picnic date. Grandma even insisted on helping me along with grandpa. They were so kind. I smiled lightly before agreeing.

•Your POVh

"Oh no! The frosting!" I grabbed the cake and pit the frosting and designs on it. With about 10 minutes, I was done. It was perfect!

"I bet Teppei will love this if I call him later. He maybe in America but at least I gave effort. Real effort. Hahahah!"

They were both busy with their own surprise for each other.

It was about 4:30 now and I had changed to a simple dress. Just then, a knock on my door was heard. I opened it and was shocked to see Teppei.

"Teppei!" I hugged him tightly and he laughed at me but did the same nonetheless. I looked at him shocked but he explained SOME parts. Then with flash, he was now dragging me to a familiar park, to be exact, to the tree where we met. There laid a buffet.

"T-Teppei... This is..."
"Happy Anniversary (First name)." He smiled at me while holding the cake I made. Tears stung my eyes as I grinned at him.

"Happy Anniversary Teppei." He kissed me lightly and we had a nice date under the tree while watching the sun set.

=END=