Memories 4

Lavender

"Where's Forrest?", I asked my ten-year-old Beta.

He didn't reply until he finished up what he was working on, "Still in his room."

I went up the stairs, cautiously, and sneaked a peek at him. Even though he's passed his Alpha training, his engrossment in his artwork was too much to notice me. I closed the door.

I headed back down the stairs, worried.

"Violet..."

I heard his heart skip a beat, "Yes, Alpha?"

"It's Forrest...its unhealthy to stay locked up in the room for 3 weeks straight, isn't it? He had bags under his eyes, but he looked so...passionate about this."

Violet gently placed his pen down to massage his hand, "Well, in my opinion, that art kit you've got him was a wonderful call. Didn't know why you'd teach such an unstable wolf an Alpha's training, but whatever. He's got something to occupy himself with, we won't have to worry about him turning rogue on us...", he mumbled the last part.

It was silent for a moment, "We won't ever have to worry about that.", I said.

"Yeah, alright, who am I to talk? I don't even know the guy. Nobody does! He's never spoken a word to the rest of the pack. All we know is he's the heir to the Star Pack and that's all we need to know.", he was standing by then, hands on the table.

I squinted my eyes at him, "He may carry their blood and name, but he isn't like them."

"Look who's talking.", Violet countered.

I took a deep breath, "watch your mouth, Beta."

He glared at me, "Don't let your emotions and personal similarities mislead you. You may deny it, but you know it yourself. Though your intentions may differ, you carry the exact traits of your home pack."

I stepped closer to Violet, "At least I make use of them.", and with that I left the house, leaving behind a speechless Beta.

~•~

After clearing my head for a little while, I headed back to the house. Violet was about done with cleaning the whole house.

"I greatly appreciate it, Violet."

His heart skipped a beat.

"No problem..."

I've been wondering about that. My theory is that he still can't get over her...

I headed upstairs, opening the doors to the room of Forrest. Just as he was doing before, drawing. I observed 6 of those blue sketching books I got him on the floor. He was working on accomplishing the seventh. I looked around the room. A bookshelf to put his drawing books would help to organized this room. I looked back at that growing pile...perhaps a large bookshelf.

"Forrest."

"Yes, Alpha."

....

Has he been ignoring me the whole time I thought he was "too engrossed" in his art? I chuckled at the thought.

"Forrest, I just came by to tell you that you can talk to me about anything. That's not an order, just when you need to get something off your chest, I'll be here."

He dropped what he was doing to look at me, "Yes...Alpha..."

"You don't even need to call me Alpha anymore."

"..."

"Only when you want to..."

"Yes, Alpha."

I sighed. Guess that oughta take awhile of getting used to. Nevertheless, I gave a slight smile to the young wolf, and quietly exited out. As I walked down the stairs, I heard the sounds of pencil skitching at the surface of paper. My smile grew.