Day off from work!!!

Axel

I woke up before Forrest. We were in his room, and I snooped away like usual. I finally finished looking through every drawing book on the shelf and so I decided to do something else after no sign of Forrest waking up. I was looking out the window. After getting bored I turned from it and stubbed my toe on the desk, making some stuff move around. There was only one thing that fell though: fish food. I picked up the container and looked at it curiously. The package still looks new. I open the container. It smells fresh. Then closed it, setting it back down. I look over to my sleeping mate.

Is this like his guilty pleasure or something? Like those people that like eating man-made animal treats?

I picked up the fish food container again and advanced towards Forrest's sleeping figure.

"Hey, Forrest,", I slightly shook him, "hey, wake up."

After receiving no response from him I blushed and fidgeted. I've read many romance novels. Which isn't surprising~ us werewolves are very romantic at heart. It's like our main thing since we have mates. I stared at Forrest. I really wanna do those cheesy things like kissing them awake, whispering in their ear, or -I don't know- straddling them and waking them up like that? I felt my face heat up from the thought. Oh which should I do!!! Options OPTIONS!! Since I'm new to this, I decide on the whisper in their ear.

I leaned down and in a soft voice, "Forrest, wake up."

I saw his eyes snap open as a shiver runs down his spine. We stared at each other and I saw something in his eyes I couldn't quite get. It was very strong and...demanding?

"Mornin'...", I breathlessly say, still staring into his eyes. At my greeting he closed his eyes and when he opened them again the look from earlier was gone. He looked a bit...annoyed.

My shoulders slumped and my head lowered. I shouldn't have done that.

Forrest didn't hug nor kiss me like he usually did but greeted me and did everything else like usual. My chest tightened. I feel bad.

"Is there something wrong? How long've you been awake?"

"Oh, umm nothing at all and awhile....I just wanna know why you have fish food...do you like to eat fish food...?"

"Wha...?"

I grew flustered, feeling stupid. I looked around the room to look for any fishes even though I've been here awhile, but I just messed up our morning. Now I felt stupid.

Forrest nervously chuckled, "Hey, it's fine. And no, I don't eat the fish food,", he paused looking at me with a smile, "I have fishes."

My eyes widened in surprise. I looked around the room, frantically searching for these fishes, feeling stupider than ever. "B-but...w-where...?!"

Forrest placed both hands on my shoulders, "Calm down,", he chuckled, "they're not here. The Alpha took them with her, not sure why, but she did. Yeah, that day when you first slept on my bed."

I calmed down. Forrest finally touched me. I raised my right hand to meet the one on my shoulder, then I pressed his hand onto my cheek. I closed my eyes in relaxation.

Then his hand twitched. My eyes immediately met his and his eyes held that same look. The way he looked at me, like I was prey. He closed his eyes again, taking his hand back. When he opened his eyes the annoyed look returned...but different. Now it looked like he was holding something back. Hiding something.