Halloween Special

The breeze was kind, the fallen leaves crisp. From within, the pumpkins shined, and everywhere licking lips.

"Oh great,", our Alpha groaned, "It's that time of year again!"

She turned to our Beta (with Hikkums by his foot) and demanded, "Gather our Halloween wolves!"

It wasn't uncommon for young adults to dare each other into the forest. It wasn't uncommon either for them to wander into the territory of some werewolves' packs. That's why Halloween wolves, the top wolves picked for their most vicious snarl, parole the boundaries of their territory to keep the humans away. Of course, not all wolves are that kind, some packs  don't parole their borders and let the prey come to them!

"Yes, Alpha!", our Beta and Hikkums dashed off leaving a sighing Alpha.

'Alpha Alpha Alpha! Those dogs just can't get shit right!', growled our Alp-! Oops! I mean: Lavender growled in her head.

While Lavender and our Beta handle territorial matters (with John as a new Halloween recruit), little did they know a visiting friend is to be arriving soon.

Meanwhile, our beloved couple is going to Axel's house to properly introduce a certain mate and a certain cat to Axel's parents. The Saroons are of course trying their hardest to mask their discomfort of having their Alpha's pretty-much-adopted-son in their very home, sitting on their very pumpkin colored couch. Everything is autumn themed in this house. Axel sits right next to Forrest, anxious of the unavoidable awkwardness. Forrest, on the other hand, looks like his usual calm, collected, and highly positioned self, but most don't know that he is always like this with people. Seeming cool, but having an anxiety attack inside.

"So", Father awkwardly started, "you are mates with my son."

"Yes.", Forrest replied without hint of how he really felt of the situation.

"We like pumpkins.", Mother said calmly, but panicking and face palming herself in her head.

Forrest looked around the house his mate grew up in.

"Pumpkins are great."

The tension eased as Axel blushed and rested his head on his mate. Mother and Father are so giddy and happy for their boy. Being touched with seeing how comfortable their boy was with his mate, they couldn't feel awkward no longer.

"Hey, Forrest,", Father said standing up making Forrest stand up too, "welcome to the family."

Forrest grinned like a fool and was hugged by both Mother and Father (much to his surprise). Axel sighed in relief.

Just then a loud clash was heard in the kitchen. Waffles had pushed Father's hard work of pies down on the floor.

They all stood still, awaiting Father's reaction. His pies earned themselves a sensitive spot in Father's heart, Father loves baking pumpkin pies. Waffles looks directly into Father's eyes with her orange ones.

"Welcome to the family, Waffles."

Waffles was lucky that night to have been born orange from head to toe. A color Father could not resist.

The first meeting went perfectly after that. Father gets quite too into human holidays and had enough candy to last the whole night out on the basket outside. Even with the buggers that took more than 5 pieces.

Let's take a look at Mr. Owner's Halloween. As usual, he closes the shop for the whole day, and hands out candy to trick or treaters. After emptying out the giant, plastic pumpkin he goes back in and cleans whatever has to be cleaned in the shop. He then retires for the night. Oh how he loves Halloween, and all the other holidays for that matter! He remembered his first time celebrating Halloween. It was with a very odd woman. Violet, she called herself. She traveled with a young boy named Violet as well! They took in the abandoned pup. Abandoned for missing a paw! Mr. Owner soon afterwards found out that the 2 traveling companions were orphans like him, and immediately offered a room they could sleep in (knowing how hard it could be). They accepted and lived there until that terrible day. Oh how Mr. Owner missed Violet! They were such great friends. He did find it odd at first how she randomly talked to dogs during her stay. Seeing Axel do something similar made him hire the teen in the first place! Mr. Owner sighs in nostalgia, and turns the lamp off to sleep. He sure doesn't want to wake up late. He never uses an alarm clock.

Now, let's take a looksie at our mystery guest that is to be arriving soon! His paws are heavy, dragging a bit. His coat is thick and furry, and harder to see in the dark. Eyes beady and fierce that paralyze you the longer you stare. Who is this mystery friend that is to be arriving soon? Alas, he nears the border of the Night Sky pack! But the Halloween wolves don't growl, no, they know who this oversized bear is.

"Mixen!!", a fellow background wolf shouted in glee.

"Claude! My, you have grown! How is you?"

"I'm alright! We're patrolling the area since it's Halloween."

"Ah yes yes! Yer not even in yer mate finding age, are ye? Ah, that's fine! Enjoy life as is now, without that finding mate curse! Now take me to see that drama queen of a leader!"

Claude laughed at the old bear's wisdom, "Go straight this way, Mixen!".

"Young man you are to take me for my senses for smell has long died! Take me now!"

Claude chuckled and led the way, knowing him abandoning his post was excused with Mixen.

When Lavender saw Mixen, she ran up to him as a wolf and they exchanged long awaited greetings to one another.

"Are ye doin' okay, pup?"

"I've been better. Nice to see ya again."

So the night went by with our Halloween wolves scaring away daring teenagers (traumatizing them while they were at it), and Axel, Forrest, and Waffles staying the night in Father and Mother's house. Father cuddled and played with the very orange Waffles, while Mother showed Forrest and Axel to their room where they cuddled to blissful sleep. Mr. Owner dreamed of a wolf from his very early years, a wolf he hasn't dreamed about in awhile. He ended up waking late, but for a good thing too! An alarm clock would mean a dream not ready to end which is the opposite of what Mr. Owner just needed. Mixen and Lavender talked about the past year and how she was coping as a lone wolf. Mixen had to stay in his bear form for his human form long sacrificed its years for its bear form. Mixen did this once every year, helping Lavender, which prevented the Alpha we know to go insane and go on a rampage. Mixen also owed Violet, the least he could do was help her mate fulfill her dying wish. A wish Lavender doesn't fully know of.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
HAPPY HALLOWEEN lemon sponges!! Thanks for the votes and comments! Did ya enjoy the Special?? Please comment anything (questions, confusions, compliments, non compliments, etc.) you can even PM me (don't expect any reveals).I'm definitely going to hardcore edit this book once it's finished, cuz lots of new outcomes and ideas are forming! Hope Halloween turns well lemon sponges!