The Chosen One.

Axel

"Choose wisely, Axel! The journal you choose can't be just any journal! It must be the journal.", by the way Daisy said it, I couldn't help but feel as if I'm making a life changing decision. My eyes darted from journal to journal, then to my hand as Daisy took them and placed them on one of the journals. "You must not only choose by appearance, but by all your senses."

"Look at them.", she whispered ominously.

My eyes continued to dart back and forth, once again. Then one of them caught my eye!

"Feel them.", Daisy continued, eyes widening.

I picked up the red, hardcover journal from the high shelf. Then lowered it, caressing it's beautiful cover in awe.

"Smell it!", her voice rose, the same emotions running through her!

I opened the book, making it creak for I was the first one to open it, and flipped the pages, inhaling that precious book smell!

The suspense was taking a toll on her as she went up to her tip toes and clenched her fists close to her face, "Taste it!!"

I was beginning to close my eyes and leaned towards the journal, to seal the deal, to lift the curse, to create a happily ever after with a kiss! Until...

"Wait."

Both our heads snapped back to look at Grinlo who stood there, an unmoved expression, meanwhile Daisy and I had tears brimming at our eyes.

Grinlo's face expressed slight guilt, "Sorry, but we haven't payed for it yet."

Daisy and I looked at each other and gulped. I took my money out and looked at her. We nodded in mutual understanding and went towards the cashier. The guy's eyes widened in surprise as he saw our overwhelmed faces. We could sense his tension as he scanned my journal and took my money. He looked at the plastic bag for a second before looking at me while he bit his lip, "Umm, no bag?"

I sniffled, Daisy placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Yes, thank you."

Then we walked away.

Grinlo apologized to the guy, he sighed out a relieved 'it's okay'.

I continued to stare down at the chosen one. "Axel,", I looked at my new beloved friend who joined me in this special moment of my life, "The journal is purchased now...". My eyes widened in sudden realization. She's right! I looked back at my beloved, raised its red body high, and kissed it. Daisy sniffles in the background at such a touching scene. Further back into the background, Grinlo took a deep breath and let out a small chuckle. And even further into the background, coming out of the art aisle, Forrest witnessed the sealed kiss between journal owner and journal.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•