I'm sorry...

16 year old Forrest laid on his bed. He couldn't wait for this year to be over, he couldn't wait to be 17. Just laying there, thinking nothing, in his room made time pass far more slowly. This irritated him. He sat up and left his blue comfort to go downstairs. He didn't sense the Alpha in the house so he decided to go out, passing by Violet (Beta) with Wolower sleeping on his foot. The 13 year old didn't acknowledge Forrest, the work in front of him was more important.

Forrest wasn't as ignored by the pack members, however. He was awed at. Like their Alpha, he finished the training very young. Plus, his first appearance to the pack wasn't all baby basket and note either. Forrest proved himself the moment he walked up to their Alpha.

So he walked across camp, to the healing cabins, hoping to find the Alpha. She wasn't there. He decided to use his nose, but of course the Alpha isn't so easily tracked. He tried anyway. His senses led him back to the house and there he saw Her. She sat at the table across from Violet, and She smiled upon seeing him. Forrest remained patient.

"I bet you looked stupid just coming out of the house all cool and shit just to go to the cabins for no reason and to head back, heheh."

Forrest's eye twitched. He was pretty much like a robot except for the few times She actually got to him. She did this on purpose to break him from that worship feeling he had for Her. He wasn't as aware of it for it felt normal to him.

"Heheh, well, why were ya lookin' for me?"

Forrest remained silent. The Alpha sighed with a tired smile, "Right...". She stood up and walked over to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, "I want to let you know it may not come to ya right after. So, patience."

Forrest sighed in defeat and headed up the stairs to his room. She watched him do so with a sad sigh, "Oh Violet, what do I do with him...?"

"Teach him something else besides mating bonds."

The Alpha jumped in surprise, forgetting that Her Beta was behind Her.

"I...wasn-,", She caught Herself, "what do ya mean by something else?"

"Tch! I don't know! You know him best out of all of us. He only ever talks to you."

She paused, "That's not entirely true..."

"Pshh! Yeah right."

The Alpha thought to Herself. What else could She teach Forrest? She already trained him, including the Alpha training for goddesses sake. He excels in all categories of each training, he has a job, he's an excellent artist...well, he isn't really great at socializing...

"I've got it!!", She shouted too loud for Violet's liking, "what about a pet?"

He was shocked by how normal the idea was, but was given no time to express his liking to it for She ran out the door in excitement. He huffed in pleasure at the idea, and happily went back to work.

~•~

Not an hour later, She returned with a bag of fishes. Violet stared at Her.

"Fishes...?"

"Yep!"

Violet rubbed his temples, "What was the reason for a pet in the first place again?"