chapter 1

Dedicated to KashishSiddiqui

Valonia's pov

I hurried down the marketplace to where Babita the fortune-teller lived. She had helped me a lot last time to get my sister out of the mirror. I'm sure she has a solution for this mess too. I opened the door to the shop and the scent of an incense stick burning caught my nose. The pungent smell made me cough uncontrollably.

"Ah....Valonia..." I heard her wicked voice.

"Babita...."

"What brings you here?"

"You should know"

She smiled at me the most wicked smile I have ever seen.

"Seems like Jonathan is back?"

See I knew that smile already knew everything .

"Hmm...what to do? I'm sure he's here for revenge....double revenge . First my mothers revenge and now Ethan's. I'm weak. I can't fight against a wizard like him"

"Who said you are weak?"

"I'm telling you so"

"Then you have highly been mistaken"

"What do you mean?"

"Seems like the time has come to tell you the truth..."

"What truth? "

"About your family"

"I already kno-"

"You know nothing dear...trust me...nothing"

I sat there awestruck. I hope she wouldn't give me another heart attack right now,Jonathan's return was already quite enough.

"So...tell me"

"Hmm...I knew your granny. She told me all these events which were to happen. In Fact she already predicted it. She was the one who gave me all the things required to remove your sister out of the mirror. Now...she has left a solution for this too."

I was shocked. My whole body was numb. I couldn't feel anything. This was all predicted?

"Hmm...take this letter. It is from your granny. Ready it and then...only then come back to me"

I was about to open the letter when she said.

"Not here...at home"

I nodded and walked out of the shop dazed. As soon as I reached home,I saw a commotion infront of Magnolia mansion where I lived. I pushed through the crowd and saw a worried Carl and a bloodshot eyed Vanessa. This was not a good sign.

"Carl?"

He saw me pulled me into a hug. I turned towards Vanessa who now noticed me.

"Valarie...."

Oh goodness no...not her.

"What about her?"

"She has been kidnapped"

Unknown pov

"So darling ...are you ready for the storm which you are about to set?" Her flirty voice asked me.

"Ha...honey...I have already set it. The fire has started...the wood will slowly start to burn and then...all in once it is finished..."

"Fire? Wood? What are you speaking darling" she asked sliding her finger on my chest.

"You will see love...you will see"