049

Chapter Forty-Nine

Galvanize

"The Kids Aren't All Right"

Walking around the locker rooms there was an eerie silence as the only source of light was the moonlight peering into the windows. Using your phone as a flashlight you scanned the room carelessly as Stiles spoke to Scott on his on phone. 

"Man get your ass down here now we have a job to do," Stiles saidーhis voice coming out much like a whisper you shook your head at his antics.  Looking around a wave of nostalgia hit you, thinking all the moments you all had just in the locker rooms alone. A putrid smell hitting your nose killed your vision as no matter how nostalgic you felt it was still a boys locker room.

"But I'm already in bed and don't you think we're getting a little old for this?" Scott said biting your lip to hide your grin you could see the shine of the gem on your pendant threatening to reveal the wolf was near.  Looking at Stiles he was busy contorting his face, revealing his thoughts you could see his frustration.  Still oblivious to how close Scott actually was, probably already in the room, you thought to yourself.

"We do this for Coach," Stiles said looking past your boyfriend trying to sense Scott within the room, you were getting nothing.  Feeling the urge to sigh in defeat you continued focusing as your grandmothers words rang in your head.

"Everything supernatural started with magic. This gives witches an advantage because we sense that magic."

"I thought we do this to Coach," Scott corrected, rolling his eyes you watched as he threw his head back dramatically.  Freezing as your eyes locked on Stiles you could feel hairs on your body standing.  Much like a moth to a flame you could feel the urge to move forward, as if something was beckoning you.

"Yeah whatever you know he lives for this stuff you know he loves it," Stiles said, knowing it was Scott's presence that tugged at your attention you giggled at Stiles's words.  Coach hated mischief night, who would like a night dedicated to making their life harder? 

"Why would I get up in the middle of the night?" Scott asked handing you the phone you held it up for Stiles as he shoved his bookbag holding the contraband into his locker.  A yawn leaving your lips, your eyelids felt heavy as a light burning begged them to close.

"Twelve-Fifteen actually which means it's after midnight and officially mischief night slash day and by an awesome coincidence it's also Coaches birthday so if you are not down here in five seconds I will destroy you and I mean five, four, three, twー!" Stiles counted, stumbling back as Scott stepped out of the shadows with his eyes glowing red you clutched your stomach as you laughed.

"One," Scott finished grinning in satisfaction as you were trying to stop laughing.  The urge rising up from your stomach you struggled to wipe the grin off of your face.

"I hate you," Stiles said lowly as he hung his head ー Scott smiled impressed as you were unfazed by his reveal.

"So you sensed me," Scott said, nodding your head you shrugged as if it was the easiest thing in the world, "Glad to see you have your magic in control again."

Smiling sheepishly you said nothing as you nodded your head.  Dividing up there were students all over the place setting up their nightmare for Finstock.  Gift wrapping every little meticulous necessity your could think of your hands ached as the task was rather tedious.  Using all of Coaches tape you smiled at your self as you neatly assorted them on his desk.  The wrapping paper ranging from happy birthday to merry christmas, as you stepped back you smiled at the oddity of how it looked.  Getting home that night you mainly stared out of your window, there was not much of a sight to see and yet most of your night consisted of this view.