041

Chapter Forty-One

Currents

"The song ended but the melody lingered on"

Ignoring the commotion outside of the hospital room, Allison covered her mouth as tears escaped her eyes. As a nurse, seemingly was failing at helping you as your body shook sporadically. Your eyes were open, but they were glazed over focusing on nothing in particular. Allison had already called Adeline and your father. Stiles was on his way, and Melissa was grabbing an IV for you.

"What happened?" Scott asked, running over; Allison pulled him into a hug as he stood in the doorway. Watching you seize, Scott wanted to do nothing but take your pain away, but he froze as your body shook violently.

"I don't know; we were watching movies, and then this started. Grandma said she was going to meet Deaton and Dad was already out too. I called them; they should be on their way here, and I called Stiles too and told him we would be here," Allison explained, still shaking you began throwing up a mixture of mistletoe and blood.

"Abigail, go pull up her medical history! Can you two go back to the waiting room!" Melissa exclaimed, rushing out of the room; the other nurse wasted no time to leave Melissa with you. Straightening your back, it seemed as if someone was trapping you as you still shook. Things around the room started to move as you muttered incoherently.

"No, now, where are all the nurses and doctors?" Scott asked, looking at how his mother was doing all she could for you.

"It's a full house tonight; they're tending to other patients," Melissa explained, seeing nothing was physically wrong with you. Nothing fatal or at least to her understanding fatal she understood what other doctors or nurses in the building would not, though, that this was supernatural.

"What can we do?" Scott asked, touching your hand; no veins appeared, revealing you were not in pain.

"I'm not sure because medically she's fine; her body is just reacting to something unknown to me," Melissa said, and as she did, you stopped seizing, but all movement halted with this.

"Oh my god (Y/n)!" Lydia exclaimed, running into the room with Stiles; the two joined your bedside at the worse moment. Bringing her ear to your mouth, she could not hear you breathing.

"Is she breathing?" Stiles asked as he took your hand into his own, Melissa brought her two fingers to your wrist. Her face stayed reserved despite the worry festering in her chest.

"How'd you know?" Scott asked, looking at Lydia knowing she only showed up when someone was dead.

"Stiles called me freaking out after he spoke to Allison. He gave me a ride here," Lydia explained, staring at you; a horrible feeling settled into her stomach.

"Oh my god no (Y/n) please wake—no (Y/n) don't do this!" Allison cried as she stood at the foot of your bed, waiting for you to tell her you were okay. Fearing the worst, all of the teens were aware of the fact you were no longer breathing.

"Mom, is she gonna die?" Scott asked, worried as his eyes began to water. Hesitating for a second, Melissa knew the window between unconsciousness and death was growing thinner by the second.