015

Chapter Fifteen

The Tell

"Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life"

"Happy Birthday Ally!" You exclaimed, bursting into her room doing the same birthday ritual you did every year. In your hand was a cupcake with a lit candle. As she made her wish and blew out the candle you smiled.

"Thank you but please keep it on the down-low," Allison begged making you laugh at her attitude about her birthday.

"How come it's your birthday?" You asked in confusion but Allison just rolled her eyes.

"You know why," Allison said embarrassed her face was had a small tint of red.

"Oh yeah but it's whatever don't worry about it," You said but Allison ignored you as Kate knocked on the door before barging in.

"Hey listen I felt totally horrible for my behavior the other night," Kate said, carrying two things behind her back.

"Oh it's fine totally forgotten," Allison said and you just shrugged nonchalantly.

"Well Grandma and Dad lectured us on sex for an hour but it's fine," You said, groaning at the thought Allison did as well as Kate gave an apologetic smile.

"Oh no not forgotten or fine by me," She said really wanting to make it up to them, "Come on call me a hard bitch or something."

"You were just protecting us," Allison said and you nodded in agreement.

"I was being a protective hard bitch who is giving you your birthday present early and just a gift in general so you'll both forgive her," Kate said handing you both a box. Allison gasped at her pendant and your eyes widened at the dagger in your hands, "Forgiven?"

"Completely I love it," Allison said eyes still staring at the pendant.

"Same what is this?" You asked tracking the marking on the wooden daggered you were intrigued by it.

"It's called the white oaks stake. Legend has it that it can kill vampires," Kate said explaining the gifts to the girls, "You two know me I hate and loathe all sentimental crap but these are better. Both have something written on them you wanna know anything about your families look it up. Croft's and Argent's have been close companions for years before you and me."

"You're gonna make us work for this aren't you?" You asked groaning and Allison laughed and shook her head.

"Some mysteries are worth the wait," Kate said and you grumbled but still joined in for hugs before leaving, "Bye girls."

In the hallway you both stopped your lockers but as soon as Allison opened hers a bunch of balloons flew out as she quickly tried to stop them.

"Really seriously did you know?" Allison whined and you laughed.

"Yeah but by the time you told me it was too late to stop Lydia," You explained getting your books out of your locker. Allison then started to read the card as Scott walked up.