Ch. 24: Dreams

It's been a couple of days since I've been home. Nothing has helped; I still can't remember a thing. Peeta sleeps in the bedroom across from mine. He's really sweet, sometimes he's a little too sweet. I find trouble sleeping now because I am trying to remember anything. 

I change into a t-shirt and some pajama pants before getting into bed. I lie down for what seems like hours until I finally find sleep. When I do, it's not like normal. I see terrible things. I see the eyes of children trapped in wild beasts. I wake up screaming and panicking. Not a minute later, Peeta is at the door. It- it was just a nightmare. I'm sorry." I say trying to slow my erratic breathing. Peeta smiles which is a bit confusing because I was just screaming for dear life. "It's okay, I get them too." He says and walks over to the bed and slides in. Before I can question anything, I'm listening to his heartbeat and breathing in a faintly familiar scent. My eyes are just fluttering shut when I hear Peeta whisper, "I'll always stay with you, even if you don't want me to." 

The next morning I wake up to the steady breathing of Peeta Mellark. I gently kiss him on his cheek and his eyes open. "I'm sorry I woke you up. My boy with the bread just looked so handsome and young." I smile. He smiles before his eyes go wide. "Katniss, what's my favorite color?" He asks. I answer without hesitation, "Orange, obviously. Not like Effie's hair, but soft, like the sunset." I smile. "Katniss!" Peeta yells squeezing me tightly in his embrace. I laugh unaware of what's going on. "You remember! Your memory is back!" He yells with joy. "It is!" I say joining in the excitement. Peeta and I share a long kiss and just hold each other.

"Oh yeah..." I say moving away from him. "I forgot you- um- left.." I say feeling awkward. "Katniss, I'm never letting you go again." He says pulling me close once again. I feel my heart pounding in my chest. Peeta. If I ever lost him, I wouldn't be able to survive. 

A/N sorry for the short chapter and the long wait. I'll make it up to you guys I promise! Comments? Questions? Concerns? Love and Pizza <3