Ch.5: Wasting Time

I know this is wrong, but I've been using my broken wrist as an excuse to stay with Peeta as long as I can. I love being in his presence even though he won't sleep in the same bed as me. His house is more comfortable than my own because it doesn't hold all the memories, but that's what I miss about my house, the memories.

While Peeta's at work in the new bakery, Greasy Sae keeps me !company along with her granddaughter Sara. Sara is no older than three or four, but she's great to talk to. Although I really don't like or want kids, Sara is pretty nice for her age. Usually, we play games while Sae cooks or cleans and then take naps on the couches. Peeta told Greasy Sae she didn't have to stay and clean, but she does it anyway.

"Katniss," Sara says with her huge grey seam eyes staring into mine that are exactly the same, "will you braid my hair?" She asks. I nod and she sits down below me and continues to watch a show called Rebel We Shall, which is a cartoon show about these five girls and boys who take down evil characters. Wonder where they got that idea. I grab the brush sitting next to my hand that Sara brought. I brush her long blonde hair only to find a lump forming in my throat. I swallow it away knowing Prim is in a better place. I braid her hair until it's an exact replica of mine. "Oh thank you, thank you!" she screams tackling me into a hug. I laugh and lie down with her lying on top of me. "You want to take a nap?" I ask her. "Okay" she nods and lies down in my embrace. We've gotten pretty attached to one another these past two weeks.

I wake up from my nap with no one on top of me. I begin to panic until I see a note saying that Sae took Sara while she was still sleeping. I look over at the time and notice it's only four-thirty. Peeta doesn't get off until five. I shrug and put on my boots. I don't bother changing out of my light blue shirt and dark blue jeans. I walk down the street to the bakery when I'm mobbed by flashing cameras. I just put my hand over my eyes and keep walking not even interacting with them as they scream my name.

I hear the bell go off as I enter the bakery. "Mellark Bakery." I hear an unfamiliar voice say. I look over at the counter and see a man around Peeta's age standing with an apron on. "I'm Ash, you must be the unmistakable Katniss Everdeen." I nod and manage a weak smile. "What's the order Ash?" I hear Peeta call to the dark haired blue eyed boy. "A dark haired, seam eyed, Katniss." I hear the shuffle of feet then I see him, my boy with the bread. He wipes his hands on his apron then pushes his hair out of his face. "Katniss." That was the last thing I heard before I walked over and placed a kiss on his lips. I suddenly become aware of what I just did and gasp. "Peeta, I'm so sorry I-" I look at his face which is a rosy red and confusion is set in his eyes. That's all it takes to get me to run out of the bakery.

This book is doing so good so I decided to update for you guys on my only day off this week! I have a show tomorrow, Friday, and two on Saturday. Hope you enjoyed! Bye! Love ya!

~JlovesPizza