21: Finding Katniss

~Peeta's PoV~

I need to apologize to Katniss. I just don't need to keep hurting her. It's been about a week since we broke up, but my heart longs for her to be snuggled up against me. It's time to go right my wrongs.

I take a shower, then I throw on a heavy sweater and coat. This past week has been really cold, but that's because Winter is right around the corner.

I knock on Katniss's door, but she won't answer. She hates me. Maybe she's in the woods? After knocking like fifty more times, I decide to venture into the woods.

Once there, she's nowhere to be seen. I see the berries and my heartbreaks. I lost Finn, but I can't loose Katniss too. She must be at the house and just refusing to answer the door. I turn, but then my foot hits something. I look down. A white rose? Katniss hates th- Snow!

I take off toward the Victor's Village. I arrive at Haymitch's house. He's sober now after his rehab-ish thing in the Capitol. He opens the door groggily.

"Snow has Katniss." I yell. He laughs. He laughs. "You think this is funny?" I yell in frustration. "Snow is dead, Peeta." He says, but as if on cue the news flashes on the T.V. "Our old president, Snow, has been spotted in a Bakery today in District 12. Isn't he dead? Were we ever truly sure?" The reporter says. There is only one bakery in District 12, mine. "C'mon Peeta, We must find her." He says grabbing his coat.

We go to the Bakery and my eyes fill with horror. "Find her. No police will be called, or she dies. Don't hesitate." Written in red covers the walls. "We have to find her."

~~~

After searching for days, Haymitch and I have had no luck, and we are running out of food. Just as we were about to turn back, A wall appeared. We stepped back in fear as the rest of the area around us began to build walls out of nowhere. Then, they disappeared again. I threw a stick and got sick to my stomach, a force field. We were in an arena.

I realized that it was the same arena that Katniss and I were in the first time, until it started to snow. I knew it would be harder and there would be no survivors. "Haymitch, got any ideas?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Let's find some shelter, it's going to be dangerously cold because of the snow." He suggests. "Let's go to the cave." I say.

"Alright." says Haymitch. I walk until I see the familiar cave. Haymitch and I step inside, until we hear mumbling. "Listen." I tell Haymitch. I focus my hearing toward that direction. Soon enough I start to hear words from deeper in the cave, "I'm nineteen years old, I was in two Hunger Games, and I bet this is my third." a voice says. "Katniss!" I yell. Katniss is here in the cave with us, I couldn't be more relieved.