Chapter 26: A New Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Surprise", my mom said.
"Thank you mom", I said.
I slowly walked to the dog. It looked cute!!! The dog raised its head and looked at me and I looked back at it. Then the dog ran to me and jump on my face. I landed on the bed and soon I was attacked by licks on my face. The dog then jumped right next to me and cuddled with me. I cleaned the spit off my face and then I see the dog fall asleep on me.

"Maybe you should get some rest", my mom said.
"Yeah, I should", I said.
I cuddled up with the dog and then I went to sleep.
I heard the door slam and I woke up. I took a glance at my room. I missed everything that I had. And I was so happy to finally have a dog.

I never though we ever would get one, but here I am with a dog sleeping right next to me. I was so happy. Then I began thinking about if I should tell her about our adventure or thinking about telling her about my powers. I was tired. I had an idea; I should tell her tomorrow!!! I took one more glance at my room and then I really did fall asleep. I was glad to be home, sleeping in a comfortable bed, being with my mom and with my new pet.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
(POV Adam)

I immediately ran home. As I was about to approach the door step, the door opened. I saw my dad looking at me with surprise.
"Honey you need to see this", my dad said
"Coming", my mom said. When my mom comes at the door and she sees me, she gave me the tightest, longest, and breathless hug ever.
"Are you okay. Did you get any bruises", my mom said.
"No mom I'm fine", I said.

They both grabbed me by the arms and took me inside my house.
"Is it me or does the house look different?", I asked.
"It's just you", my mom said.
I walked in the house like I just bought it. I couldn't believe I was gone for so long I don't even remember my own house!!! Then hands went on my face.

"What's going on", I said.
"No peeking", my mom said.
Then my dad takes his hands off my face.
"Say hello to your little brother", my mom said.
I was surprised. I see a little baby sleeping in my mom's arms.

"We found him 3 weeks ago", my dad said

"I didn't want to leave this beautiful baby boy in the streets so I took him and brought him home", my mom said.
"I can't believe I missed out on so much", I said as I began tearing up.
My parents came and hugged me. It was interrupted because the baby began waking up.

"Hey little guy, meet your brother", my mom said.
I looked at the baby and began waving at him. The baby was smiling.
"Can I pick him up?", I asked.
"Sure", my dad said.
"But be very careful and be gentle", my mom added.

I couldn't believe it, I was holding my baby brother in my hands. I felt so proud to come home in one piece and I felt so happy to see my family again.
"What's his name?", I asked.
"His name is Mason", my parents said.
My parents and I played with Mason the whole day. And I will never forget this day, never in a million years.