Ch. 20 Too selfish to set them free

Chapter 20

                  She was going farther and farther from me. I remembered her just when we were kids.She was always cute and always pretty rough on the guys.She was my best friend and I’d do anything to protect her, if I ever had the chance to protect her. Those days with Sam and Lexis when we were all together, they were fun. I remembered when Lexis got mad at me as a kid and stole my game and wouldn’t give it back to me, no matter what until I apologized to Samantha and her for not spending time with them. And before you know it, we hit middle school and girls were all over me but secretly I always liked her. It wasn’t too soon that I noticed that I liked her more than a best friend. Then came high school and Sam slipped away until even Lexis moved on. She found somebody else on the way didn’t she?

                     There was no doubt that I saw what was going on between Damon and Lexis. It killed me to see somebody I’ve known since childhood and honestly love, being kissed right in front of me with another guy. They laughed around each other, they seemed like they belonged and I was in the way. But I want her around so bad that ached.I never really had her did I?

                    She’ll hate me after this and I’m okay with it. It’s better if I stayed away from her so I don’t have to see them anywhere together. Lexis wasn’t the only one that lost everything.

                  A few days ago, Lexis was stuck with Damon in his mansion and I knew what happened there. I’ve been rethinking in my head if I wanted to continue be selfish or do what I need to do. Today, I wasn’t feeling selfish and it was a good time to do it.

                 I was sitting at the couch of Lexis apartment, switching the channels without even bothering to actually pay attention to the screen. The front door swings open and Lexis and Damon were loudly yelling at each other. Lexis snickers, rolls her eyes at him and Damon demands that she knew he was attractive.

              “A cockroach is more attractive,” She snaps and then crashes right beside me. She wraps her arms around me and leans on my shoulders. Having around me felt warm but then when I remembered that he’s still around, it made me chock.

               “You’re earlier than us, how did you get here?” Lexis ponders.

               “Went home after lunch,” I explain with a dead voice. Damon and Lexis were also fighting during lunch and didn’t notice me walking away. It was eight o’clock too, I was hardly early.

               “Dog’s shit is more attractive than your face,” Damon rebuts.

              “Would you like some up yours?” Lexis threatened. Damon snickered “You wouldn’t want to do that.”

                  “Why...?”

                   “Because then you’d have to kiss it in public,” Damon replies. He had a good point but I didn’t want him anywhere near-yea, that will change. I stop the channel onto the news. Maybe a little serial killer news will cheer me up. Their conversation continues and I sat there silent. There won’t be any time for me to speak when Damon’s around. Might as well talk to her at night, when he at least will be asleep and hopefully not sleeping near her like a puppy.

“Just shut up, I’m tired of fighting,” Lexis tiredly breaths out.

“You like fighting,” Damon begins again.

“No I don’t,”

“Uh, Yea,”

“No,”