Ch. 11 A cake for the player

Chapter 11

          I move my fingers threw my hair getting rid of any tangles. My back rested onto the comfy Ferrari seat. The demon had his place right beside me with his hands both on the steering wheel. My sister was staring herself at the perfected hand held glass mirror she brought. Her white enchanted wedding dress was going to be picked out another day. Silence filled the air. The image of that wedding dress was implanted into my head.

         “We should head back to school,” I mutter under my breath.

          “-Not happening,” Demon said right at the moment I finished my word. I slouch down the seat. I didn’t feel like arriving back to school either. I stare into the window and watch the clouds swirl into together. I wanted peace. The thought of going back home reassured me. That’s when hell came down.

          “Turn here,” Daphne blurts out. Demon remained silent with me.

           “TURN!” Daphne kicked the back of mine and Demon seat. My teeth clenched at the impact of my seat and my back. Once more there was silence. A red light appeared. Demon came into a rough spot. I knew what the demon was doing. Daphne didn’t. She slammed her head forward into my seat. I lightly smile.

           “Did you not hear me?” Daphne dryly asks. Yea, like for the third time! We don’t care!

           “Damon you’re jealous of Seth. And Lexis is seeing Seth as you Damon. Oh and did you know what Seth did?” Daphne brought some drama involved. Daphne, we’re not going to listen to you. I know Damon is jealous and I know I’m not seeing Seth as Damon. My hand reaches backwards and I forcefully grab Daphne’s mirror and threw it out the window onto the curb. Daphne gasped loudly.

         “I need to meet my fiancé to buy the cake!” Daphne yelps.

          “Do you really want me to see Lucy?” I question her. Because I’ll beat him to a pulp if he’s fooling around. Demon gave the start of a laugh remembering our Lucy joke.

         “Lucy...!? Who the hell is Lucy!?” Daphne scrunched up her nose.

         “You’re fiancé,” Demon cracks an amused smile. I stare up into the red light. How long could a red light last? I look at the cross road and see an old woman slowly crossing the street with another old man starting to cross the street. Then I see somebody dressed in colourful colors starting to cross the street. Demon rested his shoulder.

         “What do you know. It’s a clown crossing the street,” Demon swings his head with a charming smile on his face. The memory of the dinner arrived right back into my head. His excuse of why he stopped the car on how we met was that there was a clown crossing the street.

        “A hippie is more believable,” I sting my tongue out.

        “Sure...” Demon rolls his eyes.

        “Daphne, where are you going my love?” A voice echoed into my ears. Where is my baseball bat? I’ve got to get rid of another pervert. Who the hell speaks like that anyway!? Along with the British accent. Just so... The voice...sounds familiar. Oh no... Please don’t be...

        “Hey Lucy babe. How have you been doing Lucy? Have you done something with your hair?” Demon moved his head toward the direction of Daphne. I look and find Lucien leaning against Daphne’s side of the car. Just great...! He’s here...! He got side bangs and let me say. He still looked like prince charming.

         “Nice to meet you again too Damon,” Lucien sarcastically says and gazes at me. His smile lightened up brighter. His British accent still took place. He slides over to my side of the car “It’s nice to meet you again Lexis. You’re as beautiful as I remember you,” He charmingly says into my eyes.