Ch 27 Time is too short to wait

Each of us was spread along the enemy’s campsite. All of them were sleeping. Although they were asleep, they weren’t dead. One wrong single move and the mission will be corrupted. This is a serious matter. Its life and death out here. Captain Raven and Sergeant Nikki’s excellent plan shall not fail. Disappointing them is not acceptable, even if we are rookies. There was no other member of this team. No one to be witness of the mission that will happen ahead. No...Really. The camera men were knocked out cold ‘sleeping.’ Depending on how hard Captain Raven and Sergeant Nikki knocked them out would depend if they ever wake up.

Raven took the title of Captain considering Nikki was captain last time. Demon stood at his position as I stood by mine. We were all set for this historical event. No...Really. It’ll be one of the world’s mysteries. Big as the Bermuda Triangle. Who tormented the other team when we were supposed to be sleeping at our side? Who injured those camera men on our side and their side? Who would even believe them?

The black backpack dangled from my right hand. Raven poked her head out and motioned her hand to move in. I and Demon exchanged glances and we moved into the sleeping field of the living, soon to be tormented. I quickly moved over to Lizzie’s side and watched as Raven and Nikki chose to victimize Misty and Logan. Demon got stuck with Ralph. I’m surprised those two stayed after being around our Captain and Sergeant. You wanna know why I let Raven and Nikki victimize Misty? Because they’re way more creative than I am with torment.

I zipped open her sleeping back and rested my backpack on the ground and zipped it wide open. A large snake head popped out and moved on to Lizzie’s sleeping body. I pulled out a black blindfold, and lifted Lizzie’s head, quickly tying it over her eyes. My eyes slid down back to the snake. It was slowly slithering its way inside of her shirt. She started to flinch. I smiled happily to myself and pulled out a black marker. I started to draw an attractive moustache, a uni-brow and scribbles on her face. What!? It was classic! Meanwhile, Raven was singing the most common song on the radio and Nikki joined it.

A high pitched feminine scream pierced my ears. I shifted my head onto Raven’s and Nikki’s side. Ralph and Misty were tied up against each other on a tree. Nikki dropped a couple of bugs down his pants and he screamed. That was Ralph? I thought it was Misty. Demon start to burst out in laughter and stopped once he met the three of ours menacing glare. Misty started to spring tears and froze for a few seconds until she began to scream. That woke up Misty right up.

“HEY! SHUT UP!” Misty yelped out angrily. Wow... You’d think this girl would be a little more sympathetic since her comrades are being tortured. I frowned and watched the snake move up.

“W-wait! W-w-w-what’s up my shirt?” Lizzie cried.

“A snake,” I sang. She started to loudly sob as the snake moves more into her shirt. The snake must be male. The cries of the night weren’t as inhuman as I thought it would be. I was actually finding this really funny. I pulled out a rope and then grabbed a hold of Lizzie’s wrist as the cries and screams continued from the group. No one can hear them here. I dragged her by the wrists, closer and closer to the tree as she continued to scream.

“AH! AH! AH! DON’T! AH! AH! AH! KILL! AH! AH! AH! ME!” She screamed but it sounded more like a song. She had a future in screamo! She should thank me for this. She would have never known that she was so talented. I tied her up against the tree and kneeled down beside her. I brought out the marker.

“Where should the snake bite...?” I whispered. She continued to cry endlessly. Yes... I’m immune to human emotion. In my defence, the captain and sergeant would have killed me if I didn’t follow their plans. I’m starting to think those guns at the back of their car is real... I began to draw surgical lines down her arms. She continued to cry as Raven and Nikki continued to sing.