Ch. 9: The storm ends

The sky rumbled but not a single drop would fall from the sky. We stand before a grave written a girl’s name-Natalie. Damon looked over at the grave with pure sadness in his expression. I saw the pain hidden within him. I felt like I’ve known it since my parents are gone now. They could be dead. They could be buried somewhere for all I know.

“Hey Nat,” Damon talked casually to the grave. I did not want this to be me and my parents. It hurt to be around this area and watch him looking so hurt. Why would Natalie kill herself? We came all the way over here from me watching him kiss my best friend into his dead ex-girlfriends grave. Wasn’t it enough when he kissed Sam?

“I’m going,” I announced. His head turned back to me.

“Would you just shut up and stay?” He growled.

“Why don’t you shut up and stop ruining me?” I sharply spoke.

I ruined you...!?” He scoffed and took steps closer to me. Demon looked ready to bring on a fight again.

“You fucking ruined me! Ever since you came into my life, I’ve got myself drunk everyday just to stay away from your fucking bitchiness,” He snapped toward me. I stood my ground.

“You getting drunk and being stupid has nothing to do with me,”

“Bitch, it has everything to do with you!” he yelled “It’s always you! You ruin my reputation, pretend to be my girlfriend, seduce me to getting back my money and to get away from you...I end up doing something like this.” He was trying to make a point but it didn’t change anything.

“Is it my fault you decide to screw up your own life for me? In case you noticed, going with other girls is not going to make you happy!” I screamed not caring who heard. His eyes narrow at me with hatred. He came to me close and I didn’t see it coming but I did stop it. He swung his arm to hit me. He did hit me and it hurt but I minimized the damage and lunched my foot onto his shin.

I hate you,” His eyes didn’t move from me. The words stopped my heart beat for a while. Damon meant it.

“What makes you think that I don’t hate you either? You’re right, I only did it for the money because there would be no point in coming to a guy like you,” It slipped out of my tongue “You’re a horrible jerk who thinks if he gets hurt, he has the right to lash out. If you want to go screw your life even more, that’s your problem! I’ve got more important things then to babysit you!” It became into a rage war between us.

“Aren’t you doing that yourself!? You’re being a bitch!”

“Maybe I’m being a bitch for a good reason!”

“Oh what...!? Mommy and daddy don’t love you?” he teased and that got me to swing a hit at him but he caught my arm quickly. His grip tightened onto my wrist squeezing it hard. It actually hurt.

“Don’t ever mention my parents,” I hissed. Tears almost blurred my eyes. Damon’s grip wouldn’t release.

“Let go,” I growled.

“You’re selfish,” He insulted.

“I’m not doing all of this just for me.”

“Then who are you doing this for Lexis, cause it isn’t sure for Seth, me, your sister or your old best friend,” he tested.

“My fucking parents! I’m fixing they’re mistakes!” I screamed because my rage took control over me. Damon let go of my wrist but I could read off that he wasn’t done with trying to mark me.

“You shouldn’t talk down me considering since you’re getting high every freaking time and going after my ex-best friend. Just stop it...! I’m sick of you Damon. I’d rather not have you in my life at all! If you weren’t there then I’d already be with Seth without all your shit,” I focused onto what he did to me. He made it seem like it was all my fault. He stood quiet. After a moments of our eyes glancing to each other we begun to figure out what we were doing to each other. Everything but the sky was silent.