Vic

My hands trembled as my fingers hovered over the call button, Kellin.

Taking a deep breath, I called.

"Hello?" his mesmerisingly soft voice echoed down the speaker.

"Hi," I chocked.

I heard him gulp, "Vic."

His voice as a lot more shaky than when he had just answered.

"Hi," I breathed again, "um, before you hang up, or yell at me, or anything, do you want to meet up somewhere?"

"Okay," he sighed, "I will text you the address to a coffee shop near by."

Then he hung up.

And I wasn't sure wether I was happy that I'm going to see him again or upset that he was able to hang up so easily, although I guess I did deserve it.

*

It was just past noon and I was sat impatiently tapping my fingers against the table, an almost cold cup of coffee waiting to be drunk in front of me.

I felt sick.

I was half an hour early and i still had 15 minutes to wait before he was suppose to arrive.

My heart was pounding and I felt sick. I didn't want him to be mad at me but I couldn't help it. It was for his protection, and as soon as he gets here I will explain everything to him.

The bell chimed again.

And there he was. He looked noticeably better. His unruly, long hair was tamed and shorter now, he was smiling and the bags that once stained beneath his eyes were just clear skin now.

He was beautiful.

He looked anxiously around the cafe until he spotted me.

"You're early," he mumbled as he sat down across from me.

"So are you," I smiled, my heart was in my throat, I felt like I was going to be sick, "Kel, I'm so sor-"

"-no, let me say something first," he paused, taking a deep breath, "okay, I'm so angry at you. You played me like I was a sort of toy, kissing me when you need and then ignoring me afterwards! What happened? We were doing good. Did I do something? You hurt me."

He was near sobbing as he angrily told me his side.

"Kellin, I have an explanation. I'm so sorry for making you feel that way, it's just that after solitary everything changed. Michael, that guy who was in solitary, he said something to me. He told me- he told me that he would kill you if I went near you. I know I shouldn't have believe him but we were basically surrounded by insane people so I didn't know what or who to believe, and now that I think about it I wish I could go back and laugh in Michael face-"

"Vic," Kellin stopped me, gently grabbing my hand, "Vic. Ruby told me something about Michael. She- she said that he was in there for killing someone."

"Oh."

"Yeh."

We sat in silence for a while.

"I think we shouldn't be together," Kellin said, finally breaking the silence.

"What, why?"

"Because we're unhappy, and two unhappy people don't make two happy people."

"But I was happy with you, where you not happy with me?"

"Of course I was, but how long was that going last?" Kellin murmured, upset.

"It could've lasted forever, but you're acting like you didn't want it too."

"Vic, I'm sorry-"

"No, I was perfectly happy killing myself until I met you, you are fucking perfect. I fucking love you and I'm sorry for hurting you like I did but if I could change that I would."

"You what?"

"I said I would change it if I could," I said, confused.

"No, you said you love me."

"I do. I love you so fucking much."

"Vic, I, I love you too."

"Then why can't we be together, we can work it out, start over?"

"Vic, I don't think-"

"Hi, my names Vic and I'm completely in love with you," I nervously toyed with my hands as my heart pounded.

"Hi Vic, I'm Kellin, and I think you're beautiful and I'm undoubtedly in love with you."

And with that I think my heart started beating 1000 times faster.

It always did when I was around Kellin. He could make my world stop spinning and my heart stop beating.

Kellin was perfect.

In every single way possible; the way his hair is messy when he wakes up, the way when he smiles it's slightly crooked, how you can tell when he's smiling for real and how you know when he's faking it, the way his eyes light up when he talks about the things he loves. Everything about him is perfect, I couldn't wish for someone better than him. How was I lucky enough to meet him in that hospital room?

"Thank you," he told me.

"For what?"

"For saving me," he smiled, "I'm so glad I met you."

"You saved me too," I paused, "more times than you can every imagine."

-

Two more to go:/