Chapter Nine

Two in less than an hour. Well, it is friday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zak’s P.O.V

Every day I wake up and her beauty is my desire. Every day I fight myself, trying to stay in control. No one will ever understand me, hell I can’t even tell my best friend how much I ache for her. She’s my addiction, the reason I get up every morning, and my student.

I have come so close to losing self-control and doing something about it.

Let me take you back a couple of days.

**flashback**

I saw her sitting at the piano and she brightens the whole room. Her talent radiates all around her. She was in her own little world and she had no idea what she was doing to me. After the previous night’s drinking binge I just felt worse. Why did I think alcohol would drown out this amazing girl? I gave Greg little detail about why I was so messed up. He didn’t pressure me, thank god. Part of me wishes he did because todays little show wouldn’t have happened. They were just trying to make Jason jealous but how I longed to make her forget about him all together; to hold her and comfort her. To make her feel all the love in the world. To protect her from any harm.

She was singing a very emotional song. I didn’t want to interrupt her so I waited until the song ended to try and talk. She didn’t move. She didn’t even look up at me. I could tell she was mad about last night and I can’t really blame her. I hurt her and I hated myself for that. I had to lie to her. I couldn’t allow her to know my feelings. We could never be together, I’m her teacher and she’s only 16.

Here goes a whole sack of lies.

“Annie?” It almost didn’t come out.

“mmhmm?” she still didn’t look at me.

“Annie look I’m…” She cut me off by jumping up, she was upset, and it was written all over her face.

“No.NO Zak. You don’t get to throw fake apologies at me. I’m a big girl.”

“Annie, I don’t have fake apologies for you. I’m truly sorry I hurt you and sent you wrong signals. I didn’t mean to lead you on like that.” Lies, call me out and I’ll tell you the truth. Every ounce of the truth. I just need a reason.

“Okay. Mr. Stone. Teacher/Student right?” I nodded. ‘You still have time Annie; call me out.’

“Oh, I didn’t catch Greg’s number. May I get it from you?”  I felt like the wind just got knocked out of me.

“Why him?”

“Why not? He can show me a good time, I’m sure of it.” Jealously struck through me. HARD.

“I can’t give you his number Annie, he’s 22 and you’re 16.” Dumb answer. Chase her away even more asshole.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t mind some high school girl to play with. It’s not like I’m looking for something serious.”

“That’s exactly it; I don’t want to see you get hurt. He’ll hurt you Annie.” I took a small step, only to have her back away from me.

“Maybe I’m used to being hurt.” I knew I hurt her. It just sucked to hear her say it.

Greg came through the door. NO, I just wanted to grab her and tell her everything I felt but I couldn’t. I just needed Greg to stay away from her.

“Greg, don’t.” I sent my warning.

“Greg, you wanna go down to the sky bar tonight?” She smiled at him

“GREG” That bastard; he better not.