Chapter Forty-One

Entering the diner about 20 miles away from where we lived, the group of guys were causally talking with smiles on their faces.

It eased my mind of what Zak might have to tell me.

Cara and I started heading back to the large booth before the guys even spotted us but Greg was the first one to see us since he was facing the door.

"Annie, you're still glowing? Wasn't that about..Three weeks ago?" He said with the biggest smile his face could possibly hold. "Damn man, what did you do to her?" He asked Zak.

I stopped dead in my tracks as the guys looked towards me.

Anger and embarrassment started to fill my face, knowing I would be hot to the touch right now.

I glared over at Cara as Greg started laughing hysterically.

"Don't look at me, I didn't tell this time." She held out her hands in defense.

So if she didn't tell, that means..

I looked over at Zak who was glaring at Greg.

"Uh oh man, you're sleeping on the couch tonight." Chase said, hitting Zak's shoulder. Zak jerked his head to me, seeing me visibly embarrassed.

He pushed Corey out of the booth and climbed out right behind him. Cara took the opportunity of sliding in beside Greg as Zak came over to me.

He took me into his arms, hugging me tightly as the anger started fading away.

"I didn't tell him, I swear. He just figured it out." He pulled back and brushed my bangs out of my eyes. "I promise he will pay for this." He said with a bit of annoyance in his tone which made me smile.

"It's okay; I knew it was only a matter of time before Cara let it slip anyways."

"HEY! I heard that!" Cara called from behind Zak.

I ignored her and kept my focus on Zak. "So, what did you need to talk to me about?"

He smiled and looked back at the guys. "Actually, we all need to tell both of you girls something." Zak took my hand and led me to the booth.

We sat down and I was instantly pulled into Zak. I snuggled closer as the waitress asked Cara and I for our drink orders.

Greg took a sip of his coke and took a deep breath with a smile still on his face. "You know David at the record company?" He asked, looking between Cara and me.

We both nodded simultaneously.

"Well the reason we weren't back stage for the most part of the night was because we were in Zak's office.." He paused and looked between the guys.

Zak shifted some and took over. "We were discussing next Saturday."

A strange feeling came over me, like I knew that date. I glanced at my phone and counted the days and stopped when it hit me.

"My birthday?" I questioned and Zak nodded happily. "What about it?"

"We are playing a gig for you. Which will double as a release party for the album we just officially cut." Greg spouted out excitingly.

Cara's mouth dropped open as did mine. "You're kidding, a release party?!" Cara said, practically jumping up and down in the booth.

I wanted to say something..ANYTHING..But all I could do was look at Zak's face. He was smiling like he just won the lottery. The same smile he wore the night I told him I loved him.

He felt my stare as Cara started questioning the guys to death and looked down at me. I returned a genuine smile and leaned up to kiss his jaw. "I'm so proud of you."