Chapter 31: Idiots are useful in a way

The third chapter of three, and the first update after a long while! This one is slow-paced, as it's after a while, so I will go easy on the flow before taking it back to the usual pace. The next chapter will cover more of the canon's storylines.

Pairings : GOMxOCxOthers(?)
Warnings : OC inserts in canon. Mostly non-canon.

———————————————————
Chapter 31 - Idiots are useful in a way

———————————————————
"Baka mo ichi-gei (Even a fool has one talent)."
———————————————————

7th November, Saturday
Winter Cup Preliminaries

As the first day marking the start of one of the biggest tournament of the year, the venues for the preliminaries are packed with many participating teams from each prefecture. One of the team participating is Seirin High, who is competing against Josei High which placed 6th in the last summer Inter-High tournament amongst the 8 schools present to compete today in Tokyo.

The group decided to assemble at the entrance of Seirin High, and departed together. As they waited for everyone to arrive, each members made small talks to keep them entertained and nervous-free.

Seirin's little manager on the other hand seems uneasy about different matter as she keeps on gazing at her clothes, frowning as she did so. Her outfit consists of babyblue-camisole dress with lacy hems slightly above her knees, topped with cropped-white cardigan and she wore a pair of babyblue mary janes. Everyone who sees her would say she looks adorably cute, but she doesn't look happy with it.

"Ne, Riko-nee.." Yuki called out to the older girl, her fingers gripping to the hems of her dress as her brows furrowed. "Will it really be okay for me to keep wearing casual clothes to the court? In official matches?"

Since the girl isn't a student at Seirin High, and in fact a middle-school student who doesn't even attend class regularly like ordinary students, Yuki doesn't really have a uniform at her disposal, much less Seirin's. Besides, she won't look like a high-schooler even if she borrows Riko's.

"Hmm... That's true.." Riko mulled, running her eyes through Yuki up and down. "This is troubling..." she sighed, her shoulders slumped forward.

Just then, Riko caught sight of Kagami only in his white-gym shirt while the other members are properly wearing the team's jerseys. That's when she got a brilliant idea.

"Kagami-kun! You're not wearing your jersey, are you? Lend it to Yuki here!" she shouted with a smile on her face.

The redhead who had been fumbling his ball with his left-hand frowned at that. "Haa? Why sh-" his protests are cut short when the snow-haired girl stood before him and wordlessly extended her hands forward, a gesture asking for him to hand his jersey. Her face was stoic, her gaze blank but firm. It's clear that she expects him to comply with no complain.

Kagami flinched at the silent threat emitting from the girl's gleaming babyblue orbs. Despite how harmless she appears to be, he knows the dreads carefully hidden underneath those baby-ish face, especially on court. Even now, he still can't forget the chill when he faced her that day he insulted her, and the powerful force she displayed on the court for 2 minutes.