Chapter 1: Hōkō Onchi

The sunlight peers through the gap between the baby-pink curtains, kissing the pale complexion of one girl, still asleep.

Her room was of a normal girl room, but it was colourful. Her furnitures are mainly white, baby-blue, baby-pink and lime-green. Her stuffs however, have all the existing colours in the world.

Outside her room, down the stairs, the girl's parents are waiting for her to come down.

It should be her first day of middle school.
But she's out of school now.

The girl declared that she needed only to finish her primary years in school, and that she'd study herself after that. Only taking the exams later on.

Her parents didn't object. The girl is capable. And they know that. The primary school she graduated from can back her up on her decision. Her primary grades were stellar.

However, sleeping in and waking up late is a two different thing from her decision.

A lady in her twenties sighed as she glanced up the clock. It's now 10 past in the morning. And her only daughter is not yet awake. She was aware of her daughter's sleeping in tendencies. But being aware and being tolerating to it is different.

"Is Yuki still asleep? It's past 10! And she needed to go to that high school of yours..!"

The lady said worriedly. Her daughter can't be late on her first meeting. The first is the most important!

The man on the other side of the table was reading his newspaper as he heard his wife's worried rants. His daughter was many things. But internal clock or a sense of time is not one of them. His daughter can't even guess the time without the help of her wrist watch, something she never left home without. Which is why one make it their habit to actually tell his daughter the promised time earlier than it actually was.

"Should we wake her up? It's true that she's meeting them today. Riko-chan must be waiting for her."

The man contemplates as he remembered his neighbour's daughter, also Yuki's childhood friend. He had asked if Yuki could attend her team basketball practice for inspiration. Or just sparks.

The lady sighed as she stood up and started walking up the stairs. Her husband following her after setting his newspaper on the table. They needed to wake their only daughter.

The lady stopped in front of a white wooden door with 'Yuki's' hanging on it. She knocked on the door as her husband stopped next to her.

"Yuki..? Mom coming in.."

The lady said as she pushed open the door and enter along with her husband who then shuts the door.
They walked towards the still asleep girl.

The father stopped next to his daughter's bed, while the mother sat on it.

The lady gently strokes the unruly snow white locks her daughter had. Smiling softly as she tried to wake up her daughter.
"Yuki..? Wake up, hey.. It's past 10 now.." Her mother cooed softly.

The girl started to squirm and stir. Rolling over to her mother's side and her eyelids fluttered open. Showing a pair of bright, crystal cold baby blue orbs.
"Mm... Morning..." The girl mumbled her morning greeting.

Her father smiled softly as he looked into his daughter's dazed orbs. It never failed to amuse him that his daughter's lack of internal clock would always let her sleep through the day.
"Yuki, don't you have a promise with Riko-chan later at 11?" Her father slyly grins. Expecting a reaction.

At the words 'Riko-chan' and 'at 11' in one sentence, Yuki quickly jerked up in a sitting position. Her baby blue eyes widened in shock.
"I-i'm going..!" Yuki quickly stood up that she almost stumbles. She rushed to her bath room for a quick bath.