Chapter 26: Kuroko, Yuki and Kagami

This chapter is mostly canon, so it's tad boring. Although, it shows an unusual side of Yuki, and the relationship between the Kuroko, Kagami and Yuki, though a bit (or perhaps lots) unclear. It will be explored further in the next chapter, and I will likely to go most non-canon there on out.

Pairings : GOMxOCxOthers(?)
Warnings : OC inserts in canon. Mostly canon.

———————————————————

It's past noon on the small court normally overlooked by passersby, and two people can be seen going hard with a bouncing orange ball.

Yuki is sweating all over, the sun is high up, and she is still dribbling her ball as her father stood before her in a defense stance.

She is practicing her 'steps', her soon to be completed 'steps.' After witnessing the match days ago, Yuki can feel her blood pumping even if she still can't fully accept how her heart thumps at the prospect of something she have never considered before.

"So Yuki.." Haruto began, smirking as he move along Yuki's movements, covering her pretty well. "What makes you so unusually fired up today?"

At that question, a smile makes its way to Yuki's face. "I only thought I still have ways to go before reaching my goals." Yuki dribbled and made a step, followed by a quick step at a weird angle as she hovered before making another weird-angled step. In that second, she past Haruto's guard. "..and I won't stop until I did."

Haruto grins as Yuki passed his mark. He didn't feel bad or anything like it. "Good job, Yuki." Haruto turns and pats Yuki, smiling proudly. "You're on your way to complete your 'steps'."

Yuki smiles, holding close the orange ball to her chest. "Although, like I had said." Haruto added in a sharper tone. "You need a game with a Shooting Guard to test your steps and also to gain necessary experiences for it to properly work."

Yuki was quiet before she smirks meaningfully. "I won't ask Yūsei-oji this time."

Haruto raised his brows, clearly intrigued. "I see? Were you planning to enlist the help of another Shooting Guard?"

Yuki nods, her mischievous smirk is still present. "Yeah. I have someone in mind. Hopefully, he'll help. Or, I can just make him agree into it."

Haruto's eyes immediately widened like a saucer as he grabbed Yuki's shoulders and shook it in alarm. "He?! A boy?! WHO?!"

Yuki sighed and quickly shook him off. She even waved him goodbye as she left. "That's~ none of your business." Yuki smiled playfully. "Anyway, I'm going. Mitobe-niisan is coming soon."

"W-Wh-What?! Y-Yuki! YUKIII!" Haruto screamed after his daughter, crying and wailing like a child whereas Yuki didn't even glance backwards.

Like the lucky child Yuki is, the moment her mind was set on asking said player, Heaven had already turned the gears for it to happen. However, it will be a story for later date.

Days passed, and the two remaining games Seirin were to compete in ended in losses. Thus, Seirin's Inter-High ends. On those two games, Kuroko was in a slump. Only Yuki knows why, and probably, Kagami, but they stayed quiet. Kagami, on the other hand, was advised for 2 weeks complete rest, meaning no straining activities like basketball. He can't start any trainings until his 2 weeks rest ended, including Yuki's regime.