Chapter 2 ~ Faking

'It's probably easier to fake a smile than to talk about what's wrong. That is what I do every single second of every single day. It became something normal for me.

Nobody asks questions when you smile so I guess that's why I do it- to not answer any questions.

People are curious and it's not always a good thing, not to me at least. I do not like when people push me to say why I'm sad, I can't talk about it without feeling torn apart, it's just too hard to bear.

So I smile, at least I can fake it.'

I enter the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror, waiting for the blush across my cheeks to soothe a little. Fortunately, there is no one else inside.

Why do I always have to run away?

I stare at my reflexion thinking about what just happened.

You know why...

My cheeks regain their fair color, contrasting with my brown curls. As I look up at my watering blue eyes, a single tear escapes.

No... not here... not today...

I wipe the stray tear off and plaster the brightest smile I can manage to fake on my face, quickly brushing my hair with my fingers as I pick my bag up from the floor. Finally, I glance at my phone.

7:55 A.M

I exit the bathroom and walk towards the next class. Hallways are packed with students hurrying to their classes, others talking and laughing, couples kissing before parting for their classes. I walk through them with my head low, watching where I step so I wouldn't fall. Eventually reaching the class, I enter it.

Many students are already there taking up most of the free seats. I walk to the back of the class, sit next to the window and take out my things as I wait for the teacher to come in. Opening my notebook, I turn the pages until I find a blank one and start writing to relieve myself. I guess the psychologist was right, after all, I need this.

-Fake-

It's probably easier to fa...

"Hum, sorry to interrupt, but can I sit here ?" A masculine voice asks.

Surprised by the presence next to me, I look up and my breath gets stuck in my throat. My eyes are trapped by two amazingly soft blue eyes. Unable to speak, I simply nod in response. Feeling colour rise up my cheeks, I quickly turn my head, lowering it so I can hide my face behind my hair.

I hear him chuckle faintly as he sits next to me.

"So you're the new girl, Jade isn't it ?" He whispers as the teacher appears at the door.

The boy next to me is taking out his things, waiting for me to answer. Slowly lifting my head, I meet his gaze. His bright eyes stare at mine for a few seconds before I release a breath.

"Ye- yes, that's me," I answer simply, not wanting to go any further than that, but this chestnut haired boy obviously doesn't intend to have it that way.

"Where are you from ?" He asks, his gaze never leaving me.

I don't want to answer this question. I don't want him to try to get to know me. I don't want to talk about my past.

"Well...I-I'm fro-", I begin.

"Hello everybody, please take a seat," the teacher interrupts me, and I mentally thank him.

"I see the kind of girl you are," he says as he smirks at me.

Something switches in his eyes, his gaze suddenly harder as some sort of realization hits him.

I frown, not knowing what he meant but I look at him, waiting for him to carry on.

"Oh, come on! You know what I mean!" He says with a frustrated tone, way too loud.

A few people turn around to look at the two of us but the teacher seems too focused on his notes to hear us.

"Actually, I-I don't."

"You're the shy types, at least that's what you want us to think. I bet you're more of the popular types; a bitchy narcissist. You think that playing the shy girl will make you look cute and everything but it won't work. Trust me. You're probably that girl who has bagged loads of boyfriends by playing this game but stop acting like this-", he makes a dirty face, giving me a once over, "- shy and inaccessible girl, it doesn't work with me or any of us in this school," he finally breathes, staring at me, a smile tugging at his lips.

Wow...

All I want to do is smack myself for letting him sit next to me and smack him even harder for saying those things but all I do is gather my things, taking my bag as I quickly get off my place. As I leave, I can feel the gaze of every person in the class including the teacher and this rude boy, burning holes in my back as I walk out of the class.