Ch.7 An Old Friend

Han made his way to Chewie in the back of the ship and then asked, "Where is Leia?". Chewie responded. "You let her go alone?! The empire is out there, Chewie!" Han said in a shocking tone, getting ready to go find her. As he let down the ramp, Leia was there running up the ramp bumping into Han.
    "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked frantically. "Vader is here! I saw troopers searching the shops.", Leia said as she grabbed his arm.
    "What?! Chewie, get the ship started." Han shouted to him.
    "Han, the empire is out there I don't-", Leia raised her voice but I don't she was interrupted.
    "No time to discuss this as a committee!", he said loudly and demanding while making his way towards the cockpit. Leia followed behind him and responded with, "I am not a committee!".
    "Ahh, come on!" Han yelled trying to get the ship to take off. "Would it helped if I got out and pushed?" Leia asked sarcastically. "It might!", He responded back. "I have to go out there and fix the hyperdrive or else we are going to be permanent residents.", He continued.
    "Are you crazy?!", Leia questioned in a shocking tone, "Well I'm going with you!" Han quickly let the ramp down and just as he did, there stood Vader, a few stromtroopers and a face Han hadn't seen in many many years. "Lando?!" Han questioned confused. "Who is that?", asked Leia afraid to ask.
   "An old friend.", he said disappointingly. "I had no choice, I saw your ship and they made a deal with me before I could refuse. Lando said to him.
   "We would be delighted for you to join us in Cloud City.", Vader said not giving them a choice to say no. Han grabbed Leia's hand and kept her close, making their way to the Sith Lord's ship.

Aboard the ship.....

    Han was taken into a separate room to be tortured by Vader and other troopers. Leia, Chewie and the disassembled droid sat in a cell with guards outside surrounding as they were on lookout. Leia sat frantically wondering where Han was and if he was okay. So many thoughts went through her head but the worst one of all was, Is he dead? No she somehow oddly knew he wasn't. She could feel it.
    Suddenly, the doors of the giant cell opened and in came Han tumbling, with a very pale face and looking completely weak, which was very unlike him. Leia rushed to help him up and balance. In a weak voice he said, "He didn't ask me any questions. Only pricked me with needles."
  Lando came walking in to take the prisoners to the carbonate chamber. Han was in cuffs and the others were held by troopers.

In the chamber...

    The four of them stood close together, wondering what was happening. Han asked Lando, "What's going on?". Lando responded, "You're being frozen in carbonate and turned into Jabba.". Leia looked at him, completely frightened, a side of Leia that Han has never seen before. She glared at Vader, making sure he saw her anger rise within her.
    Chewie began to lose it. He pushed the troopers, knocking one over the edge. Han then yelled, "Chewie! Stop! Chewie, listen to me!" Chewie then stopped, "The princess, you have to take care of her! You have to protect her while I'm gone, you got it?"
Leia then looked at Han, realizing that they finally revealed their feelings to each other only to watch him be ripped away from her. Everything she ever cared about is slipping through her fingers, all because of Vader.
Han leaned in and kissed her, not wanting their lips to leave each other but was pulled apart by two troopers. They brought him to the chamber, preparing to lower him to be frozen. Leia stepped forward then said, "I love you."
He looked at her and reassured her of his love back, saying, "I know." She then stepped back to Chewie and held on to him, preparing herself to watch the man she love be frozen. The chamber began to lower and Han felt like he just said goodbye to her forever. They did not look away from each other, until the freezing of carbonate began. The last face Han saw or thought he had, was Leia.