Ch.12 Peace

Han felt the pain and anger rise in him as she said that and walked off. A part of him wanted to yell at her and leave by how hurt he was then the other part of him told him to wait and talk to her when they both were not in an argumentative mood. He sat down and rubbed his face with both hands out of frustration and exhaustion. He was emotionally and physically drained but all he could think of were the words Leia told him. He was confused. Does she not love me anymore? Is this the end of us? Did I lose her over a stupid fight?, Han thought to himself.

Back in Leia's room....

    Three hours passed since the couple had spoken to each other. Leia had been just as exhausted as Han. She felt defeated for letting Vader's words sink in causing her to maybe lose Han. She sat on her bed looking out to the view of the galaxy from her room at the rebel base. She wondered how this was the life she was destined to live. She was tired of living in fear that she or someone she loved would be ending their life that day.
Luke walked into her and as knocked he said, "Mind if I come in?". She nodded and gestured for him to come in. "What did you say to Han, Leia?", Luke asked his sister as she sat disappointed to herself. "Something I shouldn't have. He'll get over it, he gets over everything.", she said with a sigh. "You sure about that? He's getting ready to leave the base.". Leia quickly jumped up from her bed and shouted, "What?!?!", as she ran off to stop him from leaving.
She ran and ran until she caught up to him and she caught up to him just in time. "Han?! So you're just leaving like that?!", she asked furiously.
"It's what I'm best at isn't it?", he responded.

"You're unbelievable."

"I'm unbelievable?! Don't make me look like the bad guy, you made it clear how you felt about me....about us."

"Han, please don't leave.", Leia said sincerely. Han looked at her with sad eyes and a frown. Then all of a sudden the alarm in the base went off. It was a piercing sound that made everyone cover their ears. "Oh no. The empire is close.", Han said. He grabbed Leia and quickly ran with her, trying to find a safe ship to get her to the secret rebel base.
"Hurry, in here.", he said still grabbing her arm, just as Luke ran by getting to his X-Wing. Han told the officer, "Get her and the general to the secret base right away.", he began walking down the ramp of a ship and she pulled him saying, "Where are you going?". He looked at her and didn't answer and the said, "Han!", while grabbing on to his arm. He answered, "I'm so sorry. I love you, Leia.", then caressed the side of her face, kissed her forehead and ran off.
Leia's jaw slowly dropped as she then screamed, "Han!...Han!...Han!", but she received no answer or even a glance from him. "Ms.Organa, we must leave at once.", demanded the general. "With all due respect general, Han is still here and I am not leaving without knowing he is coming to to the secret base too."' Leia said in a very serious tone and a stern face.
   The general pulled her to the side and said with a sad tone while looking down, "Princess Leia, Captain Solo was never going to come to the secret rebel base .". Leia was completely confused asking, "What do you mean?".
   The general then said, "Captain Solo made the decision to stay at the rebel base when the empire arrives. He's part of the team bombing and destroying the entire Rebel Base to trick Vader as well as destroy the empire. He is losing his life today for the Galaxy but most importantly, for you. He doesn't want you living in constant fear anymore, he wants Vader to pay for what he did to you. I'm sorry Ms.Organa, I thought you were informed."
   Leia's heart sunk as she slowly fell to the floor at a lost for words. She didn't know what to say or think for the moment. She felt as if somebody stabbed her in the heart multiple times. All she wanted was to find him and tell him she hated him, that he could leave her, that he could do this to her. But the part that hurt her the most was that she didn't hate him at all. Not one ounce of her hated him.
   "Where is he, I need to talk to him. He doesn't know what he's doing.", she said trying to walk past the general and a few guards. "Ms.Organa, he volunteered, I'm sorry but we must leave now before there we leave any trace of the empire finding us."
    She tried to run off but the guards grabbed her as she screamed, "I need to find Han! He's going to die! He can't do this! He didn't say goodbye! I have to say sorry!". The guards pulled her into the ship and prepared to take off.
    Han watched as she struggled to escape the guards to find him. His heart ached watching the woman he loved be put through so much pain. As she sat by the window in the ship, they made one final glance at each other and it shattered both of their hearts. But he was dying knowing she would live the rest of her life in peace. That's all he wanted for her. That's all he ever wanted for her. Peace.