Epilogue

A Year Later In New York City

"Yes, chef, there are three beef tenderloin all-day," Carlos yelled from the other side of the kitchen.

“Thanks Carlos,” she said back at him while continuing to sauteed shrimp in the skillet. The kitchen was pure chaos but in a good way. If that made any sense at all.

Business was booming and getting better than ever. Tara knew that it would take her and Angelo a while before there restaurant, Versatile Kitchen, was popular. But as the months went by somewhere down the line things changed and everyday was packed with people. From locals to travelers who heard about the restaurant. This was what she waited her entire life to do. To have the most talk about restaurant with amazing food in the country.

In Malibu, her restaurant was a success and with the help of Nathan, her and Angelo opened up another restaurant here in New York City. Life was great!

Just like her life seemed to be nothing but perfect right now, Tara wanted today to be perfect as well. Looking down at her watch that was on her wrist, she cursed loudly and handed the skillet to her saute chef.

She began to take off her chef jacket when a pair of hand covered her eyes.

"Guess who?" Said the voice behind her.

Turning around with a smile, she looked up at him and tilted her head to the side. “How many times do I have to tell you its not safe to play games in the kitchen,” Tara reprimanded him.

Shrugging his shoulders he stepped closer to her. “Did you forget you have a prior engagement at 6 oclock?” She watched as his hand made its way to her left cheek, stroking it gently. She closed her eyes and reached behind her to take her apron off.

“I’m so sorry,” she pleaded. “I lost track of time.”

Nathan’s parents invited them over once again for a family dinner. She honestly thought they were all up to something because it was the fifth time this week. His father, Donald, had been out of the hospital for have ten months recovering from his sudden heart attack. He was talking small steps to recovery and with the help of his family and Tara, he was going to get back to his old self. Of course there would have to be changes in his lifestyle as well.

Although Donald and and his wife Janine thought of Tara as family, she tried to not overstep her boundaries when it came to family problems and issues.

All in all, things were going great and it was all because of the man standing before her. Tara was apprehensive when it came to giving Nathan a chance but she was glad she did when he asked her after running along the beach that early morning.