Chapter 5: Part 1

Nathan was beginning to feel irritated and frustrated. He tapped his pen on the wooden conference table. For the past forty-five minutes he had been waiting patiently for Tara to coming walk through the conference door. It seems as though he didn't get through to her quite enough and he was beginning to feel angry with himself but also with her being stubborn. He looked at his right wrist where his watch was and began to lose hope.

When Nathan kissed Tara, he knew that she could feel how wonderful their lips fitted perfectly together and how much passion they had. He had a feeling that she was wondering if that kiss had so much intensity then what would it be like underneath him in his bed? Just as he was about to grab his black portfolio and leave, the door to the conference room open and there stood Tara.

His eyes went straight to her brown caramel legs that weren't covered with her horrendous black slacks. She had on grey pumps pumps and wore a tight grey skirt the hugged her curves like a second skin. Nathan's eyes then traveled upwards landing on her breast that were covered in a white blouse, tucked neatly in her skirt. She had on a grey blazer that finished her business look. Nathan thought she was absolutely stunning and he never seen a women look so beautiful.

He stood up immediately and strolled over to her. "You almost an hour late beautiful," he said to her. Reached out to grabbed her waist but stopped when a tall man stepped behind her. He rubbed his chin and looked back and Tara. "I didn't know someone was on your team."

Tara turned around to look at the man behind her. "Angelo Costa, this is Nathan Phillips," she introduced them. "Nathan this is Angelo, my assistant chef at Versatile."

The two shook hands and Nathan couldn't stop from sizing the guy up. If he had to he would fight to get Tara with him. By the way Angelo looked at her, Nathan could tell that their was something else going on between them. Too bad it wasn't going to last, because Tara was secretly telling him that she agreed to his proposition. He couldn't wait to get her alone

"Have a seat and lets get to it," Nathan gestured them to sit down.

"I do have an important question," Tara began. "How many people are going to be at the Christmas party?"

Nathan glanced at her. "A couple hundred, maybe thousands."

Tara eyes widen and so did Angelo's. "Thousands?!" She exclaimed.

"Yes," he answered. "Is that going to be a problem Ms. Evans?"

Nathan smirked at her and Tara knew he was getting a kick out of her reaction. She had never catered for a party where thousands of people would be attending. Hell, she never had to cater for a party where twenty people would be attending. She already began to feel overwhelm but she was not going to fall back and not do it. It was definitely going to be a challenge but it was a challenge that she was going to complete.

"Not at all Mr. Phillips," Tara replied. "It's just surprising."

"And why is that?" He asked.

Tara really wanted Nathan to stop pestering her but she knew he would once again start when she walked through the door. That was one reason why she was late this morning. She wanted him to wait and doubt that she was going to show her face and actually agree to his idiotic proposition. Just because she showed up still did not mean that she was agreeing. This was strictly business and in the end it was going to stay business. Another reason why she was late was because she planned on not coming.

When Tara got home last night, she already made up her mind that Nathan was a brainless narcissistic player and she wouldn't fall for his tricks. Her and Angelo would get another client. Someone was who was well-known was bound to walk through the doors of the restaurant and then rant and rave about the services and food. It was another story when she woke up. She mentally kicked herself in her head and differentiate the fact of her not going and going.